PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I think most of our sponsors are already doing this but please, for the sake of our last two States, offer a USPS shipping option. I found several blends I have been having trouble obtaining but when I went to check out, I was greeted by a $80 shipping fee for UPS ground. The same order shipped USPS would be less than $20. So please, consider the plight of the poor Alaskan and Hawaiian pipe smokers. While I don't know how much our two States order in general, I can tell you it makes a big difference for everyone I know who shops online. Yes, I am sure some overseas orders suffer more but it's still a kick to the yarbles. /rant over

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Damn, that sucks. Maybe you could broker a deal with a forum member who would be generous enough to order on your behalf and ship to you for the lesser USPS fee ... maybe for a tin of their choosing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since few of my tobacco purchases are on an emergency basis, I always use the USPS option when

it is available. Usually it beats the sites that have a set shipping rate and often end up sending

USPS anyway.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
USPS works well for me in Alaska. I have no problem calling a vender and asking them to use that method if it is not offered on the site. Only been refused that option once and so, no longer even visit that site.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
USPS works well for me in Alaska. I have no problem calling a vender and asking them to use that method if it is not offered on the site.

I did ask but they flat out said no, they even told me they didn't know if you could send tobacco via USPS. :roll:
You aren't in Fairbanks are you? I was thinking of trying to get a pipe club started.

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Hi,

As a meerschaumstore our shippping fee from Turkey to Europe is just 14.95$ and to USA and Canada it is just 18.95$ with UPS express.
Regards,

Bahadir

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Fairbanks? No. I attended U of A and found Fairbanks to be too hot in summer and too cold in winter.
I'm curious as to the vender you've been dealing with? 4noggins and Iwan Ries are the venders I order tobacco from and they perform with flying colors. I'd just forget the lazy, ignorant lout you've been working with, obviously not customer oriented.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I agree 100% but when everyone else is out, you go searching. It almost seems like they have a third party tech company managing phone and internet sales. They don't speak like tobacco store folks. At this point, I can't even be sure they have the stock their site says they do. So it's likely no big loss. Still, always a let down when you think you have scored those pesky tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.