PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
Back when I was looking for general pipe-smoking info, I came across this fine publication and it helped me greatly on a broad range of topics. It's a compilation of various things that filled in the gaps for me and I'm glad I found it --- best of all, it's free!
And of course I printed it out and it makes a wonderful little booklet --- as the author says:
"... I wanted it all in one place, and I wanted it in a non-electric form I could hold in my hands - a book. What you're reading now on your computer screen as a PDF (or if you're of a certain age have probably printed it off and hold in your hands) has been assembled as a reference work to answer the fundamental questions about the Art of Smoaking..."
You can find it here and I'm glad it was made so easily available for all to grok:
A Pipeman's Handbook of Really Useful Information​

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Very Cool! I don't plan to print the entire booklet, but was finding it difficult to read.

But after playing with the program a bit, I learned how to enlarge the page and move it around

to the part I'm reading.
Oh... useful information too!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I've been reading this handbook for a couple of hours and it has tons of good information. Some of

it's a good review for me, and lots that's new... Good Stuff!

(How many really know how to roll and stuff Flake Tobacco? Followed the instructions here and WaLa!)
Thanks lowercase!

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Is it available to download?? Trying to read it on my iPhone and it's not working... I'll try on my laptop today.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Neat, thanks for sharing. You have to log-in in order to have the ability to download it. I logged in with Facebook and set up a password. I downloaded the PDF and am now converting to Mobi for use on my Kindle. Sometimes book like this don't covert well for e-book use, but I'll give it a try. I'll let you know if it works and I can easily then email the mobi copy, as they are usually pretty small in size.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, it worked out great on my Kindle Fire. If you would like a mobi copy for your e-reader (or I can convert to the format you need), just PM me your email address and I'll get you a copy.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
What a wonderful link! Thanks so much misterlowercase. :clap:

The section on Petersons, and the page on the Mark Twain edition was great;

and I noticed the same author made the Rattray's handbook available too.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Geesh where was this 6 months ago when i started? Lol anyways very informative thanks for the link!

roudoudou

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2012
Montreal
For those not interested in signing up on the OP link, I've found another link:
http://www.box.com/s/oulxnfvdud1rhni4tjqq
There's a download button on top right of screen. Once clicked, it downloads automatically. No need to sign up even if it asks to.
Thanks a lot misterlowercase for this! I see great readings ahead of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.