PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
Went into Hamburg today and picked up a Design Berlin Gotha 41 Sterling silver spigot.
IMG_19351_zps3bc0fb7f.jpg

IMG_19361_zpse7f223b8.jpg

IMG_19401_zpsd35cbcb3.jpg

IMG_19381_zpsa59a1d80.jpg

It wasn't a bargain but wasn't a rip off either
Decided that whilst I was there I may as well get some more tobacco.
Dunhill Nightcap

Erinmore Flake

and mac Baren Plumcake.
Cheers

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
The skull ah yes, um. :) An old University learning device of my wife's. I just threw an Akubra on it and the obligatory Kangaroo street shield to remind me of home.

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
Thanks six. She is pretty.
@Eric ;) but it was medicine not arts. So more like 'More fees or a lot more fees without question'

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a great looking pipe. Lovely grain, great stem work and a really nice shape. I hope it smokes great for you, congrats on your latest addition.

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
Thanks,
@cigrmaster I'll fire it up later today so will know how it smokes. Reviews on the pipe have all said great smoker so I have high hopes.
instymp@ You just said 'beautiful goose' :) I think you meant 'Ganz schön' ah but what's an S and Z between pipesmoking colleagues :)

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
Yes Allan, it's a 9mm filter. It's pretty hard to get non filter pipes that aren't estate or hand made one off's around here.
It has a nice grain,is also about 50 gm heavy and sits very nicely in the hand.
How it smokes will be found out in a couple of hours. :)

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
So, went down to the Harbour and gave Yorricks' pipe it's christening. A very nice 2 hour smoke using my patent pending "Auslander training wheels mix" (a roughly thrown together mix of DH Elizabethan, DH Nightcap, Peterson Old Dublin and a pinch of Mac B Seven seas Royal).
Smoked really well with a clear draw easy control of the smoke and dry as the Sahara. I cleaned the pipe after and it didn't have a speck of moisture in it and very little crud.
It was a really enjoyable smoke as I had a good friend to shoot the breeze with and the mix is quite tasty as well.
I couldn't have asked for a better result.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.