Dec 24, 2012
A good day today at Peck Manor.
41Lk8B9.jpg

DUDeiju.jpg

planetary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
I keep hearing about this blend, and would dearly like to try some. Is there a way for someone in the US to order the tobacco without traveling to Germany?

Dec 24, 2012
Indeed, anyone can order it.
Here is how I did it:
1. Go to: http://deintabak.de and register for the site. I suggest visiting with Google chrome and allowing it to translate the site into english since it is entirely in german.
2. Once you are registered, place an order.
3. Herbert Motzek does not take credit cards or paypal. With your order confirmation email (also in German - use google translate if you need to) you will receive bank wire instructions.
4. I used Western Union to make a bank wire transfer to Motzek online using my credit card at the Western Union website.
5. In about 10 days a package arrives at your door.

Dec 24, 2012
I have a razor sharp cleaver and I slice thin coins off the rope. Jon Guss graciously gifted me a sample a couple months back and I loved the pageantry of cutting the rope myself. As I said though, you can let Herbert do that work and buy the already cut Strang if you don't share my love for the ritual.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
One neat thing about ropes is the difference in flavors depending on the prep work.
Stack the coins whole, cube them into 1/4's or rub them out for different flavor hits.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
And this is coming from someone who said that he was through with adding anymore tobacco to his cellar several months ago.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
670 lbs.+ and still going! :lol:

Dec 24, 2012
And this is coming from someone who said that he was through with adding anymore tobacco to his cellar several months ago.
Yeah, that looks bad. I don't plan to enter this stuff or my GQ tobacco in my cellar at tobaccocellar.com for that reason.

Dec 24, 2012
One neat thing about ropes is the difference in flavors depending on the prep work.
Stack the coins whole, cube them into 1/4's or rub them out for different flavor hits.
Great point. I need to experiment a bit.
One thing Jon and I discovered is this stuff needs a fair bit of dry time.

Status
Not open for further replies.