PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I think today was the best pipe day I've had in a long time, although it's not over yet. I started my day with EMP and coffee, had a mid afternoon bowl of BCDF with a dry soda and an after dinner pipe of Fayyum Kake with Oktoberfest. All smoked wonderfully and went well with their respective circumstance. I'm going to close things out with a small bowl of ODF later in the evening, likely with a Scotch. I'm already looking forward to that flavor, so I doubt it will disappoint and I seem to have a good pipe and dry time... knock on wood.
Any recent memories of a perfect day of smokes, where everything just came together effortlessly?

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Part of it's that I usually only smoke a bowl or two a day. That and I've been trying a lot of blends so more experimenting with packing and pipe selection, they aren't all ideal. Today though was nice, it just seemed effortless as it should be. :)

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Sounds awesome daimyo. I believe that is the way it is supposed to be although that perfect combination of smokes can be elusive. I maybe had one day like this in the early spring. It also started with EMP and a strong coffee. After lunch I had a flake of Klondike gold with some tea, and after dinner it was a bowl of Escudo with Makers Mark. It was memorable because it is rare that I get more than one bowl per day and the fact that I paired all of the tobacco with the pipes that smoke that tobacco the best. I am looking forward to that day again really soon

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I had some EMP with coffee this morning as my first smoke. I smoked it in a Mark Twain. The coffee was El Caribe. It was good right to the Dottle.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I rarely rate the success of the day as a function of perfect bowls. Perhaps that's because I don't reach that perfection. But I certainly do get to very good bowls, which I experience a couple of times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.