PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
Last week I came home to a package on my front porch. Free goodies, what an awesome post-Christmas gift!

I think I contacted Sutliff a few months ago via email asking if there were any other aros with the sweetness of Molto Dolce. I had completely forgotten about it. The guys & gals at Sutliff get a big THANK YOU! from me. Now that's how you do customer service! 8)

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Awhile back I was traveling and had occasion to visit Cigar & Tabac Ltd. in Overland Park, Kansas. While there I asked the man behind the counter if they carried Holiday Mixture Match, Sutliff's take on the old Larus & Brother Holiday Pipe Mixture. The man said that he did not, but proceeded to introduce me to the Sutliff sales representative who happened to be calling upon the store. After I explained what I was seeking, he called the Sutliff office, spoke with Mr. Paul Creasey, and inquired as to where else I might be able to find it locally. Unfortunately, no other shops in the vicinity stocked it. The sales representative then took my name and address, and said that he would see what he could do. A week later I received from him a package containing an eight ounce tin of Holiday Mixture Match, supplied gratis and with his complements.
To echo organizedmadman's comment above, "Now that's how you do customer service!"

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Sutliff has great customer service. Because of that, I got a free sample of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend and was able to promote it so they'd not only continue to make it, but sell it in 1.5 ounce tins. And don't forget they were the folks who had that amazing free tin give away a year or so back to everybody who wrote it. Some people even got more than one tin. You don't see anybody else doing that.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
The free tin promotion is how I got hooked on Molto Dolce - always on the lookout for aros that get wifely approval!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Awesome. Sutliff makes some really good blends and are one of my two favorite companies, the other being McLellands. Good to see them hooking up smokers and keeping them faithful customers with some goodwill.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Sutliff is simply awesome. As the brief organizer of the MetroDetroit Pipe Club, I was amazed at all the goodies, along with overwhelming samples of tobacco tins they sent. Shirts, carry bags, coffee mugs, and now caps? I want mine! BTW, Organized, if you liked Molto Dolce, try Sutliff's Mountain Pass. Not as sweet as Dolce, but another great Sutliff baccy.

I hope Jud, the new front man for our pipe club, gets some of those caps!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Sutliff offered to ship a box of samples and swag for our pipe club, however the border situation means they cannot ship tobacco as gifts. They did offer to send it to a US address but we just couldn't swing it. They are a great company to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.