PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Another quicky:
The "tin note" of this tobacco is delightfully smokey.
From puff one the smoke is creamy and nutty. Getting a slight undercurrent of that smokiness from the tin note paired with the smallest hint of vanilla. Very smooth.
Some spice in the mouth and snork, but not in the same way as my darling Perique.
A nice smoke, something I look forward to blending with.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
Sounds quite tasty! I've yet to try any of that particular leaf, but it will definitely have a spot in my next order (whenever that ends up being).

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
Tastes good and burns well. Went right to thr bottom of the pipe, a big Pete, without issue.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
Harvey, nothing personal, just an observation--- I rarely read other people's reviews, just not interested in them; everyone sees things differently so I mostly wait to try it myself. If I do trust a review, I tend to pick people whom I know have had many years experience smoking and whose tastes and results seem to have closely mirrored my own in other ways.
That said, I see you writing lots of reviews and that is fine and great, but I notice you reviewing LOTS AND LOTS of different tobaccos over a very short time! May I suggest you spend more time with a blend, maybe smoke it at least 5 or 6 times over several days before you come to any conclusions on it.
Also, the hardest part is knowing how to best dry, prepare and smoke the stuff, and you can take the same tobacco and prep it two different ways, and even in the same pipe, it can come out tasting like two entirely different blends.
That said, good luck with your experiments and Happy Smoking!

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
tmb has good advice about spending time with a blend and trying it a few different ways. For your own education if nothing else.

That being said - keep the "Newbie reviews" coming though! I really enjoy reading the impressions of a new un-jaded pallette!

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
@TMB
I agree, I've yet to spend enough time with a single blend, but that's part of the Newbieness of my adventures. There are too many tobaccos to be shackled to one blend right now, first I've got to find out what I might like! Once I settle down and settle in, I'll take a little time to review my tobaccos in depth, probably after smoking a few bowls of the same tobacco over the course of a week.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Here's one of the beautiful leaves from my last purchase of DFK:
15%2B-%2B1

... and some more hanging to dry along side the Burley:
16%2B-%2B1

Status
Not open for further replies.