PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Several months ago I had the chance to pick up a Peterson Limited Edition (First Year- #545/1000) Bulldog. I liked it so well I really wished they were still making them and then the substitute appeared. Not exactly the same but close enough.

My Limited Edition

My New Ashford

I decided to be my own Secret Santa.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Very elegant! Nice matching set too. Are you building a seven-day rotation, or just in love with the shape? I might be.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Gloucesterman, that's a beautiful pipe!

I always loved the 1997 límited edition, butt could never find one. I wasn't aware of this model in the Ashford series. Looks amazing and Will sure smoke great.

Congrats and enjoy!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
LOVE them Bulldogs, the product of inbreeding sure, but a handsome shape nonetheless. That first one is awesomeness.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I still remember the post you made when you first scored the LE, if that tells you anything! :clap:
Nice collection, hope they treat you well.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
This one came out of Italy. There are some Ashfords around but I hadn't seen the XL 21 bulldog. I don't really like the P-lip stem so I don't usually buy Peterson but lately they have been producing a lot more fishtails and the military style bit really set off the classic shape. I have a two pipe leather case by Peterson that will be home to this pair. Makes a nice "weekender" set. One more in that general look and it will be perfect, One in service and two resting in the case. Who could ask for more?

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Gloucesterman, because of the two beauties you shared in this post, I had to go ahead and get a chubby bulldog I've been wanting for a while.
I wish I could have gotten a 1997 Special Edition, but I got as close as I could.

I knew of someone who was breaking apart a 1996 Antique Collection, so I got me a 1910 Patent bulldog reproduction. Hallmark is Dublin K.
You are fully responsible for making my PAD go into overdrive.
This is how the pipe looks now and I will make a separate post once I polish the stem and rub some carnauba on it.
Cheers,
J
Peterson-1910-2_zps7aipmnt6.jpg

Peterson-1910_zpssgzdkzuh.jpg

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Bungee, Nice score, the 1910 is one of the Petersons I really like too. They are also hard to find so well done. I fully accept responsibility for causing the PAD attack and hope you will return the favor at sometime in the future. Dutch

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Thank you for your comments Dutch. I will for sure return the favor as soon as I can find a piece that might entice your PAD and make it kick in full throttle.
In the meanwhile, what do you think of these ones? They were my father's, two are unsmoked and one I broke in myself, and will break in the other two as soon as I get a chance. (1. Clipper (obscure Spanish maker), 2. Tehaco for Tesch Hamburg, 3. Conway.
Cheers,
Juan
Cliper-Bulldog_zpslbdvrnes.jpg

Tehaco-349-for-Tesch-Hamburg_zpsllpbe78o.jpg

Conway-22_zpsyzqofkwy.jpg

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Bungee, I have a weakness for Dogs and Rhodies and those are some nice looking pipes. Love the Clipper. It has a very classical shape. Nice to have something that belonged to your Dad. Smoking them should bring back good memories. Enjoy. Dutch

Status
Not open for further replies.