Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
The wife and I bought a new house this week and I am incredibly excited that my new garage has a 8x24' heated and enclosed shop in the front area. I have already began fabricating in my head the best layout of the new man cave and what sort of things it will need. Beer fridge, comfy chairs, big screen, neon signs, etc.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
Congrats! My fiancee and I are looking for houses right now, and I have the same ideas in mind. Luckily, she's completely fine with the hobby. Something that might be neat is to find the old pipe and tobacco advertisements and frame 'em up. Post pics soon!

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
that is cool, i hope your idea flourishes don't forget to include a big pipe rack and plenty of space to store tobacco.

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
I'm very happy for you! I utilize my woodshed as a pipe den. Unfortunately un-heated...

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Up here heated is a must. Definitely a pipe rack and some tobacco storage will be on the agenda.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Congratulations! Nothing is quite as awesome as getting a man cave. The prospect of a nice, big one like that is certainly cause for excitement! Take pictures throughout the process and keep us updated!!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Congrats on the new place and on the man cave.

Be sure to post some pics when you get it all set up to your liking. :puffy:

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Cheers to the man cave! :puffy:
You know, I like having a sizable apartment in the city, but there are two things I miss: A yard ... and a garage. A garage with a workshop's even better.

stranger

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2016
Congrats on the new house. Nothing better than a man cave. Mine is in a finished basement that is open to the floor above and a strict "absolutely no smoking" policy from the General. I'm safe to smoke in the garage, but I've only got a small floor heater that warms up about 1 foot in front of it. Dropping to the -20's here next week, I most likely won't be doing a lot of piping.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Having my own space has been great. My wife is very supportive and let's me smoke in there. Although I try to be considerate of my selections.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Up here heated is a must.

get ya an old pot belly stove or one of these type fire pits, I love siting and smoking by my fireplace and I have a Mexican clay fire pot on the back porch.

102662_ts.jpg

0004797730075_A

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Congrats on the new home. Just purchased my first this past July. I'm fortunate that I'm allowed to smoke in the house, but the third bedroom in the house was converted to an office as my getaway. I've yet to get myself a comfy chair, but I have my desk, pipes, and the large closet was outfitted as my cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.