PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
A little over a month ago Harris (Cigrmaster) contacted me and much to my surprise he asked if I would like two pipes that had fallen out of his normal rotation. I gladly accepted his extremely generous offer. He sent out the pipes and I received them the very first day I was in my new apartment! It was about 110 everyday for three weeks so I didn't get a chance to smoke these beauties for awhile. Well my wife now lets me smoke in the car on my long commute to work so I have been enjoying these quite a bit!

Both pipes are Lane era Chartans. The group 6 is dedicated to Lat blends and is by far my largest pipe now. I've been smoking 3 Oaks Syrian and its really great in this big bowl! Despite its size it's pretty comfortable to clench due to the flat double comfort stem. The black group 4 is dedicated to VA based flakes. I've smoked Old Dark Fired, '07 Stonehaven, and Dark Twist Roll Cake and all have performed excellently in this pipe. It's light for clenching but also feels great in the hand thanks to the blast and shape. This pipe also has the double comfort stem.
Thank you again Harris, as my dad would say, "You're a gentleman and a scholar!" Lol Your a great guy and I can only hope we meet someday for a bowl and a drink.

Aug 1, 2012
He's a good guy. One of the best. Those are some amazing pipes and I hope you enjoy them for many years to come.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Congrats Tucker. Those are great looking pipes! Kudos Harris. That was a fine gesture my friend!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I love Lane Charatans. They are great smokers. You will enjoy them for the rest of your life. Congrats to you, Tjameson, and a hearty well done to Harris!

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Very cool. Another excellent story of generosity to share with the wife. I love an opportunity to brag about the quality of the people in this collective.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Honestly at this point I have 14 pipes and 5 of which came as acts of kindness from members here. I've never met more generous people in my life and I know when I'm in a better position in life I will do the same for members of this great community. The great people here are what make me grateful to be a member of this forum.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
I can see it. I've belonged to quite a few forums in my time, and the kinmanship here is far and away the most impressive. I used to play rugby and was always impressed with the calibre of folk involved therein, but the gents and ladies here definitely have raised the bar.
Technical/terminology question for you, what's the "double" part of the "double comfort stem"? Does that just refer to the flatness of the mouth bit?

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
Congrats on those two, they are very nice. :clap: Great act of kindness, Harris :worship:

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
The Double Comfort refers to the stem as it steps into a thinner profile about half way to the button. The are very flat stems too which is nice for clenching.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Tucker, I am glad to hear you are enjoying the pipes and it was my pleasure. You have always shown yourself to be helpful and kind to people and I am happy to have been able to give you a couple of pipes for your collection. I hope you enjoy them for many years to come.
Thanks for the nice comments guys it is appreciated.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks for the kind words Harris! I'll be sure to take good care of them and enjoy every smoke.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Tucker, roth is correct about easy bite through if you are not paying attention. The black one I sent you has a brand new stem as my son bit through the original. I smoked it once to make sure it was still comfy before I sent it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.