PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Watching Ashdigger, Carolinachurchwarden and Anthonyrosenthal show off their new Petersons made me feel sad for my one lonely Pete.
I've been watching this tankard on Mikelaw's site for a while and was surprised it wasn't snapped up before now.
It has a fishtail. Most have the P-Lip and I definitely wanted the FT. The shank portion seems just a bit shorter than most I've seen. I almost thought the metal was a repair due to the shorter shank, but with the factory text on the metal, I've ruled that out.
Listed deficiencies are a ding on the rim and a light nomenclature.
Just by the look, I'm half expecting some variation of a military mount, but that's an uneducated guess.
Arrives Thursday!
tankard1-600x450.jpg

tankard5-600x450.jpg

tankard6-600x450.jpg

tankard8-600x450.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Very nice Jay. I've purchased from MikeLaws sita and its stellar service.
I agree with Anthony. Enjoy the heck out of it!!!
Do I owe Anthony $0.25 every time I use that? Who cares....worth it!!

Jan 8, 2013
Do I owe Anthony $0.25 every time I use that? Who cares....worth it!!
Huh.... now that's a thought! Then anytime someone says it when someone else gets a new pipe, it's adding more money towards new pipes for me.... in which case some of those same people will tell me to "enjoy the heck," out of the very pipe they helped pay for, while adding even more money to the cause again towards another pipe! That's genius, Ash! :clap:
I'm just going to put my Paypal information in my signature... any time someone says, "Enjoy the heck out of it," please just add $.25 to my Paypal. Thank you :mrgreen:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Hahahahahaha, it's fun to be on the enabling end! :rofl:
She looks sharp, Jay! I was actually eyeing that one myself and was totally fine with the 2 supposed issues it had. It was still worth it, but then I saw my Ardor...
If I say "Enjoy the heck out of it!" - Anthony. Being quoted and cited clears me of any monetary obligation, right?

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Yeah that’s definitely an army mount, to my eyes anyway. And that bowl looks HUGE! Any specs on the internal diameter of the bowl?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Regarding the short shank, see the "Old English Tankard" description in the blog below:

http://www.petersonpipenotes.org/tag/peterson-tankard

Jan 8, 2013
Regarding the short shank, see the "Old English Tankard" description in the blog below:

http://www.petersonpipenotes.org/tag/peterson-tankard
Some fantastic pipes in that write up that I'd love to see Peterson bring back. The 1906 Setter in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.