PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Personally, I had never heard of this line from Peterson until I ran across this one. This is a Peterson's Shell-Meer (120) and it's my understanding it's from circa 1950's. I did see one in a lovat shape that had been listed on an auction site for $165.00. Seems rather pricy to me! Now I must ask two questions. Do you have any further info on these and is there any other Peterson pipe lines you can think of which are lesser known?
This Peterson's Shell-Meer rusticated brair pipe is lined with a very thin layer of Meerschaum.
old15.jpg

old10.jpg

old16.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Durham, here's the site for the International Peterson Pipe Club. Someone there shuld be able to answer you questions.
http://btheinternationalpetersonpipeclub.runboard.com/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a great looking pipe, and not one seen much. Until a few years ago, they had a low-end series, the Kapet,

which included an rusticated author shape, another one I haven't seen much from Peterson. Their Christmas pipe

2014 zulu is quite a pipe, someone posted on Forums recently.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
The different series of pipes from Peterson are endless. The KapMeer and Shell Meer pipes are not that uncommon and the one you have pictured seems WAY over priced IMO. Just go and check out Peterson's home page and there will be about a dozen or more styles that are presently being manufactured. In the past there have been Dunmore, Emerald, Cap't. Pete, Kildare, Dublin&London, Shamrock, Kapet, Sport, and probably a dozen more that I haven't listed. Like most meerschaum lined pipes that were popular in the 1950's and 1960's even Peterson jumped on the bandwagon. Nowadays they don't prove to be very popular because IMO you are not getting the best Meerschaum pipe or the best Briar pipe, just a combination of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.