PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
I'm a CH lover, especially in a cob. I read in another thread about Hearth & Home, Chatham Manor as a good substitute for CH. I'd like to try it. But...I don't light up my pipe everyday. And now that winter is here in upstate NY, I don't go out as much to smoke. My questions is. Because I can only purchase the 14 oz tin size, how long in the tin before that tobacco turns to some kind of crusty, mold, or so dry that it's unsmokable?

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I found an opened tub of Carter Hall buried deep in the back of my bedroom closet which I forgot about. It had been in the closet for 7 yrs. I was going to throw it out, but instead opened it and found the tobacco still fresh. I lit a bowl and had one of the best smokes I've ever had. Since then I've saved the John Middleton tubs and use them to store my bulk blends.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I have had an open tub of Chatham Manor on my desk for 6 months so far; just keep the lid screwed tight between uses. Still the same moisture level as when it was first opened.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
220px-Jjportrait.jpg

Just not, Jar Jar.

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
The tub of H&H Prince Andrew I opened a year and a half ago has retained its moisture level.

Status
Not open for further replies.