PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
_1.jpg
I picked this up at eBay, on a tip from Andy Rosenthal. It is certainly a nice addition to my collection, but when did Peterson start issuing Halloween pipes? Anyone know anything about its provenance?

Jan 8, 2013
Haha! I knew you'd snag it Sparrow! And I'm glad you did. When I saw it, it had your name written all over it. I can't wait to hear how it smokes for you. :D

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
You are so lucky, being a Halloween junkie I was watching that and forgot to bid.....My Bad!!! Peterson made them about 3-4 years ago. They didn't come in any special box or anything. They were very limited production called Peterson Samhain, even though stamped Halloween. When they were gone, they were gone. I personally have 2 of them and sit nicely next to the Dracula Petersons. Nice hard to find score, enjoy and hope it smokes great for you.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like it could be somewhat hard-to-get, therefore a good collector's piece. Another series was the

Around the World series, which featured pipes commemorating USA, China, France, England, Italy, and

Ireland (maybe others). I was drawn in by the bulldog commemorating Ireland. I hadn't heard of the

Halloween pipe before, and I've been looking at Petersons online for 4 or 5 years. Nice catch.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Drwatson, were you a bidder? Thank God you forgot. You would have lost (I put in a max bid of $200) but no one made any further bids, so I actually got what the pipe for what would have been less than the price new. And Andrew, thanks for that tip--I don't regularly check out eBay, and I would have lost this pipe if it were not for your tip. Now, you owe me about $72! It's your fault, after all. I will certainly let you know how it smokes, but it complicates my current problem: how large do I make my pipe cabinet--30, 40, even for 50 pipes? Help!

Jan 8, 2013
Lol I'm getting a kick out of your spell checker, Sparrow. You've called me Andy and Andrew lol. I'll put that 72 bucks i owe you on a credit lol. Or... since I spied it out for you, you can send me a couple tins of tobacco. Lol kidding.
You should probably just make your cabinet hold 50 pipes.... better safe than sorry. :D

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
@Teddy - Trevor Talbert is also who I thought of when I saw the thread title.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Wow...that's a Halloween pipe for sure, with sacrificial virgins on the side! On the other hand, I have my Vampire's Wand to compete.... :evil:

mromagna

Lurker
Aug 4, 2014
Nice one sparrow! The Nording will have to do as my halloween pipe for now. Since my bday is in october I have a soft spot For the holliday. And Teddy......satan called and he wants his pipe back!!!!

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Really enjoy those talbert creations, just a little too pricey for me. It's early,but okay, Happy Halloween.
img_1838-600x450.jpg

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@Teddy, that pipe is bad ass. I'll be taking my annual Pete Dracula in costume photo here in October.
Here's last year's costume shot.
jason-smoke-450x600.jpg

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Always love a good Pete! And that is a nice lookin' pipe Sparrow. The only Halloween pipe I have is from the Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse last year...
IMG_3231.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.