PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
If I wrote that title anywhere else, I'd get into trouble. But a few months ago, jkrug of our forum and a member of our Metro Detroit Pipe Club, handmade a wonderful 12-pipe rack for me; it was so nice that I decided to abandon the idea of a pipe cabinet (I'm only a mild sufferer of PAD) and asked him to build a sister rack to go along with the first. Here it is, without pipes so you can see, on my new console table in my room, with a little effort, what nice racks they are. (One clever touch: the places where the stems rest are staggered, so they don't hit the stem on the opposite side.) I'm going to furnish the table around the racks with some classic statuary (like the archangel Michael figure) and I'll have s set up just as nice as a cabinet, even nicer with the added statuary later on, with a table runner cloth. He doesn't realize how very grateful I am--his racks were ideal, and with the table set-up just make the room. So, J, thanks bunches!

img_0948-600x450.jpg

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Those are some fine looking racks. Never thought I would say that to another man. 8O
Always debated having matching racks made, as everything I have is an eclectic mix of old Decatur racks of different sizes and shapes. I decided that the eclectic look works though, and I appreciate the history.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I actually thought of deer since season came in. Then saw your racks and was quite surprised. I thought to myself. "That man has a nice set of racks".

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Very nice! Red Oak?
Yes, red oak stained with Minwax Gunstock.
Fred, thank you so much for the kind words and I'm very happy that you are so pleased with them. It was a pleasure to make them for you. Jim :puffy:

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Very nice. I wish I had the woodworking ability. But then I would want the shop. and the tools. It would be another money sinkhole. Think I'll continue to support the real craftsman.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Brass, did you notice the figure between the two racks is the same as your avatar, i.e., St. Michael hurling down the devil? The table is a strange mixture of pagan statuary and Catholic figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.