PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I've always liked the oom-paul shape and recently acquired this GBD Giant for my collection. Seems like a perfect hour or longer smoker.
gnd4_4.jpg

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
That sure is a beauty!
It will be nice enjoying a smoke while simultaneously admiring the rich deep craggy surface.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I gotta say, you come across som neat pipes. I'm gonna bet at least an hour. Put a dense flake in, maybe two!

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
I'm going to echo the remarks of 'only an hour?' I'd get two out of that with almost any blend.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
ssjones asked me to share a few more images so here they are. One aspect I've found concerning the pipe is the stem itself. I'm not sure if they were designed like this or not but it has a right or left sort of 'lock' position.
gbd1.jpg

gbd2.jpg

gbd3.jpg

gbd4.jpg

gbd6.jpg

Thanks Al!

bambam13

Lurker
Mar 24, 2014
New member and novice pipe smoker here, so hi all!
Great looking pipe Durham! If you might be looking for more hour plus smokes that smoke well, I own a Dr. Grabow Big Pipe that smokes wonderfully, and for the money it's a hard one to beat. There are also a few Mr. Brog pipes in the larger size as well (if you like pear wood) that I have heard good things about. I have two in the mail and can't wait to get them.
Sorry if it isn't what you were looking for, but I thought I would put my two cents in anyway.
Cheers!

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I just acquired a HUGE Yello Bole with KB&B I wanted the old relic which is a Peterson copy of sorts. But I didnt realize how huge it was. It still has the honey coating and looks like it was only smoked a couple times. I was gonna resale it cause it is so big. I do wonder what they smoke like.
Wouldnt they have to be smoked very slowly so as not to build up heat?

Can someone describe what to expect smoking a large pipe like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.