PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A few weeks ago, SPC restocked their Rattray's Exotic Orange, and my pipe and tobacco fund is depleted until next month. My wife got to hear my daily account of SPC's dwindling amount of EO tins to a point that she started asking, "How many today?" A couple of days ago, I came to the "Out of Stock" screen, and figured that was that. Yesterday, a box arrived, and as I was not expecting anything, I figured it was one of my wife's purchases, only to hear her yell, "Surprise!".

She had ordered some EO for me. Guess I'll have to keep her a little longer. :mrgreen:
img_20170126_074406-337x600.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Guess I'll have to keep her a little longer.
Maybe just maybe. :wink: :D My wife has done similar things. We're a couple of the lucky ones.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
A "Goddess" among us to be sure! You better hope she keeps you around... :clap:

Jan 8, 2013
:clap: You got a good gal there, Duane. I'm curious to hear what you think of the blend, too. I kept meaning to try it myself but kept forgetting about it in the list of other tobaccos.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
The word orange got my ears to perk up! I'll be interested to hear more. Your wife deserves some special TLC for being so thoughtful.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
You are a lucky man indeed, not only does she tolerate your smoking, she encourages it! There are many fellas here on the forum that are out shivering away on some back porch somewhere, pipe firmly clenched in their frozen maw, that are very envious of you because of your lovely bride!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some of my best pipes and tobaccos are gifts, most of them from my wife. How she gets it right every time, I do not know. My first churchwarden and my only excellent Hungarian/Oom-Paul were gifts from her. Always good to be married to a mind reader. Embers, our wives may be on the same telepathic network.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Nothing better than a pipe tolerant mate, and one who willingly contributes to your addictions. I guess you could call her agent orange, or maybe that's all you! :mrgreen:
This stuff sounded so good to me, so I tracked down some at 4noggins and ordered a tin. I find that your tastes and mine are quite similar, even the Mixture 79. Ha!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This stuff sounded so good to me, so I tracked down some at 4noggins and ordered a tin. I find that your tastes and mine are quite similar, even the Mixture 79. Ha!
It is interesting, a very natural and deep orange flavor but you can still taste the tobacco.
My lady is a good one, being together for 17 years, and she hasn't killed me yet is a testiment to that. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.