PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Wow! That's pretty! I really like that grain on the rim. Very attractive pipe. :puffy:

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Claudio makes a mean pipe! Hope it smokes as well as it looks.
Even better than it looked on mikes site! Congrats! You made the right choice!

Mike will never be accused of blinging up his pipes, that's for sure.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Ain't that the truth! I've bought a couple from him and was pleasantly surprised each time. I suggested he start photographing his pipes next to a dupont lighter to depict scale. It's hard to imagine size by dimensions alone. Michael Parks does that with his pipes and it's VERY helpful.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thank you all for your kind words and overwhelming thumbs up when I was choosing. It does indeed smoke awesome!

Dec 24, 2012
That is a lovely pipe with some gorgious birdseye. Cavicchi is underrated and makes a fantastic pipe. I have a few but none as nice as yours. Congrats.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I've read a few reports from folks that had an issue or two with his pipes over the years but ime Claudio's pipes are as technical as they are consistently good. I have a full bent egg that is as accurately drilled as my canadian. I would have no hesitation recommending Cavicchi to someone apprehensive about steeply bent pipes. Perhaps I've just had good luck but my luck with Cavicchi has been consistently good and perhaps better than any other artisan maker. I generally prefer Castello pipes (but I'm on a bit of a Castello kick now), that said Cavicchi makes a more technical pipe, hands down. He never seems to neglect the basics for fashion.
Again congrats to the OP. I found a special magic with anything mixed with perique. All my Cavicchi's seem to do something amazing with Hotw.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I know you. You want it to be like new. Yes?

It's absolutely gorgeous to me as is. A little proof of use / experience shows that it works.

But you? You should at least inquire of George Dibos, what his opinion is of a restoration and if he says ya, go ahead and spend a few more bucks on it, for your own peace of mind.

Lord knows that's a precious commodity.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hey newbroom, It is just perfect as is. No need of any alterations of any kind. Nice thick walls, nice bend, It hangs great and smokes great as well.

I decided on a name for those maple ones I'm working on. They are going to be my 'Whalen' line.

Gotta run man, three tires to do this morning two of which are my fav as you are aware; Dunlop Elite III's

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'm honored.

Glad you are content and happy with your new pipe.

You'll build muscle and character with those Dunlops.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Here is what I am using the maple for Mike:

Building scales for straight razors I am restoring.

Here is a fine 6/8" Baurmann & Sohne I restored and made new maple scales for.

Status
Not open for further replies.