PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
What a waste of money! Worst pipe I've every owned!!!! AHAHAHAHAH, JUST JOKING!!!

I love this pipe sooooo much. I really like the balsa wood filters. It smokes anything nicely! Its such a relaxing hold and I just can't stop staring at it while I'm smoking it! It's great. I'm not wild about any of the Mac Barren blends cause they all seem pretty "bitey" or harsh. But with the balsa in there it almost eliminates it. Had some plumcake tonight and it wasn't bad, not really a memorable tobacco kinda bland. But my new favorite Stanwell Melange for an all day smoke is wonderful in it! I've kept my pete's in rotation with Sam Gawith skiff/twist and my nording rusticated freehand and the Sav Qandale had been my go to aromatics like nightcap, melange, frog cellar. I've smoked with both the plastic insert and the balsa, and I prefer the balsa, nothing like the medico filters. This pipe feels great in hand and is just long enough to enjoy as a CW. I was looking hard at a nording churchwarden, but holding both the nording felt better in hand, but the stem seemed so cheap, it really put me off, I might get one later. But until then I am more than satisfied with the styling and performance of the Sav.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
try one of their long johns - fun to watch that bowl way out there while smoking - not one of their more expensive pipes & flavor tends to act accordingly but they are fun as a smoke from time to time - they tend to like aromatics - tried solani 369 & the pipe liked it much more than an erinmore in it so the pipe is picky but also enjoyable to hold & look at while smoking it.
enjoy that pipe

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Glad you're enjoying your Sav Churchwarden: I got my first one (both my first Savinelli and first churchwarden) and loved it while I had it. Sadly, I discovered a small crack in the chamber that wasn't visible until it was smoked, and the vendor graciously immediately sent me a return slip for exchange for another Sav church. I'm waiting for this one now, going nuts without it--a Sav churchwarden is a wonderful pipe! The exchanged one is a black Dublin with a larger chamber (my only problem with churchwardens is the bowl tends to be small), and I can't wait to get it.

Next: a nice apple churchwarden. Recommendations?

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

10464139_10152127906316712_6855589718431960619_n.jpg

10533982_10152127640921712_3710137180490575547_n.jpg

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Hell yeah, I love that stem. Someday I may get one, and it'll probably be a Sav. Love their pipes.

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
It is soooooooooooooo awesome! I love it! I'm looking at another Sav, It sits up on par with my Pete's easily.

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
Man I wish it was bone, it's just a lighter type wood, I wanted to get the Nording Churchwarden but the stem seemed very... cheap. I might still get one, But that Sav is great. I think I will buy another Sav if this is any indication of their quality. I love them!

Status
Not open for further replies.