PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
That is very very nice :D I had the same feeling when i saw this...
Dunhill 390
IIRC the bit of wood in the tamper is part of an actual deckchair from the ship.

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
That's a beautiful Dunhill. I love their sandblasted pipes. Alas, out of my price range, especially the "Battle of Britain" set I drool over. :rofl:

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
Most pipes are beyond my price range but i love to look at them.

I am just the same with guitars.
Its all part of the fun imo

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
That is seriously nice. I wish SPC did lay a way.
The price of current Dunhill's is a bit silly, imo. While they are typically excellent smokers and have excellent engineering, their pricing has put them way out of reach of the common man.

akpipe

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2012
While it is a nice pipe, I could easily pass that one up for a sandblasted Dunhill.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I learned my lesson about mentioning Dunhill on here..

Here's a damn nice pipe and would leave you $75 for tobacco.

US150.JPG

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That Dunhill has superb grain and is one of my favorite shapes, but it is tiny. That is a lot of money for such a small pipe. I think Dunhills under 200.00 are a pretty good deal. I have been smoking my 2 more often and I am liking them more. I am starting to appreciate their lightness and their smoking qualities better. I think I needed to find a better method of smoking flake in them and now that I am cubing my flakes, I am getting more out of my Dunhill's. I just saw a gorgeous ODA Root briar go for a great deal on Ebay. If I wasn't buying smaller and lighter pipes now( group 5's) I might have gone after that one. Here is the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300768138136?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Owning a Dunhill is on my bucket list for sure, but they are all so damn pricey!

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I'd rather have a $79.95 Peterson and 920.00 worth of Penzance.
:lol:
Owning a Dunhill is on my bucket list for sure
Yeah that's the way I feel about it too Spyder. Maybe someday. I could probably even get over smoking somebody's cast off Dunhill for the hundreds it would save me.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I've lusted over this one over and over but just can't seem to go the price.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/dunhill/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=98191

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Is there a Dunhill you wouldn't be proud to own?
Kennerth, I'll gladly make room in my collection for even the most beat up old Dunhill. I like beautiful grain in a pipe. (I know it has no bearing on actual smoking properties) but thats a big part of pipe smoking/collecting for me. For a thousand bucks there is many stunning works of art out there that I would fork over the big money for before a white spot but I think this Dunhill really stands out from the usual classic shapes and colors and I would snap it up in a second if I had the green.

akpipe

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2012
Kennerth, I'll gladly make room in my collection for even the most beat up old Dunhill. I like beautiful grain in a pipe. (I know it has no bearing on actual smoking properties) but thats a big part of pipe smoking/collecting for me. For a thousand bucks there is many stunning works of art out there that I would fork over the big money for before a white spot but I think this Dunhill really stands out from the usual classic shapes and colors and I would snap it up in a second if I had the green.
Absolutely! Everyone has their preferences; no judgement here... Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. 8)

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
It is hard not to admire the flame grain on the Lovat . But I like this pipe better http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ser-jacopo/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=104363

Status
Not open for further replies.