PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
As most know my pipe collection is rather eclectic since I enjoy all varieties of things, be they art, nature or other things.
We are often asked what’s your favorite pipe shape, tobacco, manufacturer or maker in the case of artisan pipes. Here is a shot of me smoking one of the pipes from this 2 pipe set by Max Capps. Both are billiards and group 2 in size, one smooth the other rusticated and have Tamarind for a spacer I believe. Here I am smoking some Orlik Golden Sliced, I consider this to be my favorite quintessential combination of pipe style, group size and Virginia tobacco, regards.

banjo
28352154407_d16e98f915_z_d.jpg

29350552078_0e7c13cc98_z_d.jpg

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
There is nothing finer than the noble straight billiard. Those are two very sharp examples, Banjo.
Cheers,
Chili

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There are stretches when all I smoke are straight billiards. Same with bulldogs sometimes. Billiards just capture what a pipe is.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
That's a nice set.
My Savinelli 111 (straight billiard) and 606 (bent billiard) handle all of my latakia duty and get little rest.
I'm still looking for my "perfect" bulldog or Rhodesian specimen. I'm kind of leaning towards a squashed bent one, as I like that low and swoopy profile.
I honestly didn't expect OGS to ride so high on the list of such a well traveled tobacco connoisseur.
I've gone through a large tin of OGS and enjoyed it, but, admittedly, my journey with VA's is slow moving and likely underdeveloped. Also, my tin lacked that magic ingredient, age.
I just dried and loaded some FVF and am looking very forward to keeping it smoky!
jay-roger.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
jaytex, while I love OGS for it’s no nonsense rub out, dry some or fold and stuff approach I was actually referring to most any Virginia tobacco, be it straight ,or a mix like a VS/Per, I save my heavy tobaccos for the cool to sharply cold months, cheers.

banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.