PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I have discovered by accident, that Amazon carries many of our favorite pipe brands - Savinell, Rossi, Peterson and Stanwell...I'm sure there are more, but I only looked for these brands.
The beauty of this is that my wife can now easily see my Wish Lists...(insert diabolical laugh here). :puffpipe:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've seen them on there before too, but they are only representative images of the pipe, and not the pipe you receive.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Support your local B&M
I almost always concur with this; my local B&M is 45 minutes away and unfortunately doesn't have the best choices in pipes (but their tobacco is another story). In some cases, I prefer to let my mouse do the shopping.
I've seen them on there before too, but they are only representative images of the pipe, and not the pipe you receive.
Probably true in most cases; it does seem though that while the order is processed by Amazon, the fulfillment is often listed as "xyz tobacconist" - meaning it's probably some B&M that has an agreement with Amazon. Hard to say, but I know that Smoking Pipes shows you your specific pipe and I have ordered a few from them without fear.
Still dangerous as my wife speaks Amazon, but not most pipe suppliers. LOL.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Start an Amazon account under a pseudonym, and have the orders sent to a P.O. Box. :wink:

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Pseudonyms and P.O. Boxes are how I support multiple expensive hobbies. :mrgreen:
12131116542-600x450.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Isn't it funny how things just randomly are "there"? No talk about how it got there etc, just always been there...Like my pipes...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's difficult to beat some of the online retailers on pipe prices with certain brands. From time to time, PC has amazing prices on Stanwells and Big Bens, and SP has sales that feature some of the up-grade pipes with prices that can't be beat -- that's how I bought my Ser Jacopo. Can't touch a SJ estate for what I paid for a new one.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Amazon is a fungus which will absorb the universe.
Your grandchildren -- who will be milked for their blood by this fungus -- will ask you, "Grandad, what did YOU do to oppose the fungal takeover of the universe?"
I hope you have good answers.

katarn07

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2016
The few pipes I have looked at in Amazon I could find much cheaper elsewhere.
The few pipes I've bought off of there could be had for less (not MUCH) cheaper but my first real credit card was from Amazon and a perk to using that card to buy groceries, fill the cars with gas, and paying all the bills off with it is you earn a lot of rewards points to use on Amazon. I got my first Savinelli (320KS Roma) without paying a penny out of pocket for it. I just ordered my second Savinelli (602 Qandale) this morning and am paying $40 out of pocket not with Rewards Points but the Amazon gift card I received for my birthday in July. Not bad.
It's also highly likely you're not buying these from Amazon. You're buying them from other merchants through Amazon. At least that's been the case with the aforementioned pipes of mine.

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I don't understand the purpose of this thread?

Why is it dangerous that amazon has pipes for sale ?

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
I don't understand the purpose of this thread?
I guess I should have prefaced it with I am an Amazon junkie, and I was making an observation in General Pipe Smoking that they carry pipes.
Easier to succumb to PAD, I'd guess.

Why is it dangerous that amazon has pipes for sale ?
^^^ This. As we all know, PAD traffic can come from many avenues. I needed some company. :lol:

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Amazon carries my favorite 9mm filters cheaper and quicker, AND in bulk. Amazon carries stuff I haint got a snowball's chance in hell of finding anywhere within a hundred miles of here.
And:
Fungus is FUN!!! heh heh

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
I purchased a Savinellie 320KS through Amazon (I think from 4noggins). I had an Amazon gift card, so I figured why not.

professorwheezy

Might Stick Around
Jul 3, 2013
Since I got into restoring I don't know that I will ever buy a "new" briar pipe again. Meers and Cobs are another story. I just bought some estate Meers just to get the feel for Meers but I'm really wanting a new Altinook Meer and I just love cobs. I don't mind estate cobs but would like to get some more of the traditional new cobs as well, and they aren't that much. My wife hates my smoking anyways so a list would be pointless.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I just looked at some of the Stanwells & Savinellis listed on Amazon.
I can get pipes that are just as nice for about the same price at Mayan Imports III (the former Tinderbox) and would rather support them than Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.