Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you'll excuse my absence for the last two months. After 9 years of dating and living next door to each other, Lora married me, and we've been rebuilding the old family farmhouse (complete with a cigar store quality exhaust system to make everyone more happy with my pipe hobby), so that we can live closer to the farm... which also means that I've had to clear out an acre of bamboo that has grown up around the house. All on top of keeping orders moving in the store. Exciting, exciting!! My oldest is moving out to go to college, and my youngest is excited to get to live closer to our chickens, rabbits, and goats.
I will be back in full as soon as I get this earthquake of changes in place. I know some may not be looking forward to me returning, ha ha. But, for those interested, I've been smoking quite a bit of Erinmore Flake, Matured Virginia #27, and ODF this summer. I will also be posting a few new tampers on my etsy soon.
But, of you're curious about "her" ring...

I hand forged this with 18k, a 1ct diamond from my Grandmother's ring that I had re-facetted into a miner's cut, and two rubies from Lora's Mother's ring. I initially wanted to make it more elaborate with vines and flowers, but she wanted something a little more simple, but... different.
Anyways, I'll see you all as soon as I have time to set down, ha ha :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ah yes, in true artisan style, Michael shows off his handiwork, and no wedding pics. :rofl:

Just messing with you! Congrats on the wedding, and that is a gorgeous ring! Many years of joy to the both of you!

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Congratulations to the new bride & groom! May you have many more happy & healthy years together. And Cosmic that is fantastic work on that ring & diamond!
And congratulations to the new soon to be college freshman! I'm sure dad is proud!

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Cosmic:
Congratulations to you and Miss Lora on your wedding! You both took that old saying about "Marry in haste, repent in leisure" seriously, didn't you? Good. You are indeed fortunate to have found each other.
The ring is simply beautiful, and I like the ancestral significance of the stones.
May God bless your union throughout the years.

Jan 8, 2013
Cosmic Congratulations! haha. Seriously though, congratulations, and I'm sure it's a beautiful ring for a beautiful bride. I'll smoke a pipe in your honor today.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Mazel Tov indeed! That is a "Cosmic" update.
Hearty congrats! (And Lora is right about the ring. I mean, of course she is. :mrgreen: )

Be careful what you ask for, I do have quite a few pictures...

We did not hire a photographer, but we should have. We decided to keep it simple and just our kids, who took pictures with their cell phones.

We had a traditional Celtic handfasting ceremony, with a good friend of mine presiding, who we had to ship in from Oregon to do our ceremony. My regular minister is in Denmark for the summer.

This is my wife. She is a Lunsford of the Mars Hill, NC Lunsfords. She is keeping her name, because she comes from the Bascom Lamar Lunsford family, who brought the banjo out of the mountains and gave the world blue grass. It's a very well known name in the mountains, and I want her to keep it.

This is my goofy family... nuff said.

we spent the honeymoon in a family cabin in the mountains...

...where I got to wake up each morning and walk the dogs with her down the mountain trail that runs along the river.
And, no pictures, but we did have a meet up in the mountains where we played a lot of blue grass with our new extended family.
Thank you all for the kind words. We truly tied the knot. ...and I think I did get the better end of this deal, ha ha :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Wow! Beautiful setting for a wedding! Beautiful bride, and dashing husband. Looks like something out of a period piece. Very well done sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.