PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Back in January of this year, I recieved an 1896 Peterson's catalog as part of an E-bay win. After copying and posting it in the Peterson's Smokers Group on Smokers Forums, I recieved offers of two more old catalogs, one from 1898/1910 and one from 1965. I accepted and copied them too. I sent Peterson's an e-mail asking if they would like copies on CD and they accepted. After they recieved them, I got an e-mail asking for my mailing address. They wanted to repay me. I thought I would get a few tins of their tobacco.
Boy, was I wrong! In todays mail came this:
DSC_0211_edited-1.jpg

A new 2010 Peterson's Pipe of the Year.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Is that a Gold Spigot?
Christamighty that's some gratitude.
I'm happy for ya Chuck but ain't in the way of things? You have a 40 foot trailer full of Petersons and they just keep falling out of the sky.
How come nodody sends me a free pipe. Oh wait Phil is. I'm happy again.
Very cool pipe and story Chuck.

fhb2532

Lifer
Feb 22, 2010
Sorry it took me so long to comment but, as i'm slightly disabled, it took me a bit to get up off the floor and back in my chair. GREAT pipe wish I had some old catalogs.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
No, it isn't a gold spigot. I didn't clean the silver before I photographed it and my Elements 7 darkened the silver too when I edited it. It is very unusual though. There is no number preceding the /1000.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Oh so it's just a free Silver spigot. Well that's no big deal. :>)
Wow! That's a hot lookin' little pipe

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Great Pipe Chuck… What a great company to reward your efforts and obvious love for their pipes.
If that's the way they run their business then I may just have to add a Peterson to my collection. You know what they say... "What goes around comes around!"

thecigarsoldier

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2010
Wisconsin
Chuck, that is a great story and well deserved reward. Congrats on the pipe but a bigger thanks to your continued support and dedication to keeping our hobby alive.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
That's the way to do business. Peterson seems to be a class A company. Excellent pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.