PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Spent a little quality beach time with Greta on the weekend, so today was strictly a shop day- finished out my first Cherrywood Sitter w/ Bamboo and Cumberland Stem...this one's heading to the Nashville show...

2ephbw9.jpg

...and here it looked like fresh out of the blaster...

ejsoj9.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is cherry wood the shape or the material? I love the shank and stem. The bowl texture

makes it look like a seashell. I thought a cherrywood shape was cylindrical with a slant-cut

flat bowl bottom and usually a bent angled shank and stem, and I'm not sure if this is an

interpretation of that. Oh well, not to be tiresome. It's a great pipe, a lot of good textured

bowl to hang onto.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Is cherry wood the shape or the material?

Originally, (as near as I can tell) the Cherrywood was a poker variation- distinguished by the stem being at an angle to the bowl. I guess you could call this a Cherrywood Freehand- Scott Thile has some great examples of this (as a matter of fact, I was looking at one Harris loaned me when I came up with this design)

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Stunning pipe, Zack, just gorgeous! That is right up my alley and i really want to try a bamboo pipe, as i have heard great things. How much are you asking for this beauty, if you don't mind me asking? And would you be willing to part with it before the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.