PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just a quick post to sing a few praises for aromatic tobacco. Many of us start with them. Many enjoy them for years. I did and have. Many of us who move on to mostly non-aromatic still enjoy a nice change of pace aromatic fairly often. Most important, if you check the online retailers, you know that aromatics support a significant portion of the pipe tobacco market, sustaining all of our favorite non-aromatics as well, and keeping the revenue stream for blenders, wholesalers, and retailers alive. So I raise a bowl of flake to the aromatic blends. Enjoy them when you will, and honor them, whatever you smoke.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I happen to smoke a few aromatic flakes and really enjoy them. I have always wanted to try Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake and I finally ordered it on my last order and I like the stuff for a change of pace and for when I have non smokers over. I also smoke Mac Baren Modern Virginia Flake and Peterson University Flake. If someone just likes aromatics then that is cool and they should make no apologies to anyone.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
Absolutely!
Of course, I'm too new to have "moved on" from anything, but I have been on English and dark fired blends for a couple of weeks. I just lit up a bowl of Hearth and Home Berry Nice for the first time, and am really enjoying it.
My son is spending the night with his grandmother, so I'm smoking in the house, watching re-runs of Stargate SG1.
Yeah, I'm a geek, but I sure am having a nice, relaxing Saturday.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
I really enjoy good aromatics, I'm just really picky about them (actually, thats how I feel about all types of tobacco lol). I think one of the reasons that aromatics get such a bad name is that bad aromatics are realty, really bad, while you can only screw up a lat/va/orientals mix so much....

I was quite surprised to get online a few years and discover how many guys on the forums constantly dis aromatics. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Virtually all tobaccos are flavored with something, so how does one brag that they only smoke "uncared" or "unflavored" blends?

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
W.O. Larsen, Dan Pipe, K&K, and Planta all manufacture some very agreeable aromatic tobaccos in the area that I reside.

While Vanilla is one great human discovery of ingredient that blends well especially with dairy products, the Englishman had also more innovations of mixing flowery essence with food and drinks - such as the Earlgrey Tea. Tobaccos with Lakeland essences are some other examples. Just like when one eventually gets used to the Earlgrey Tea, the flowery essence of these British style aromatic tobaccos actually blends really well with the taste of tobacco itself.

At the moment, enjoying a bowl of St. Bruno that has really subtle Lakeland essence in there.

:puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.