PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
Ran out to the local B&M at lunch to grab a handful of cleaners, flints for my Zippo and one of those odor eating enzyme candles as I'm told my new-old hobby is "stinking up the place". No worse than someone's cat's litter box, but there's no point in arguing.
Anyway, the store wanted to clear out their stock of Sutliff for some reason so everything they had was marked down to $5 from their usual $11.99. I've not tried any Sutliff before, so I grabbed a tin of Molto Dolce (because of the hot babe in the ad) and a tin of Charlemagne (because, Charlemagne). Yeah, sometimes marketing works on me.
I'm not an all day smoker so I didn't have any gear with me, but didn't want to wait til I got home to try my new goodies so I bought a $5 cob as well and stuffed it full of Molto Dolce for the ride back to the office. I found it to be a very pleasant, effortless smoke. Even to someone like me whose ability to distinguish flavor amounts to, "yep, that's tobacco", the vanilla and caramel was obvious on the charring light. The true light took with no effort and produced a wonderful, creamy smoke that was a perfect mid-afternoon de-stresser. I did have to go for one relight during the 25 minute drive back to work, but that was due to my fumble fingered packing job.
All in all a darn fine lunch hour.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good job. Nice deal on the leaf. Plus, you supported your local B&M. You're on a roll.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
IMO, Sutliff is awesome value. Plus, they made Bacchanalia and there is nothing quite like a Roman Orgy (think more of the food/drink variety, than one of a naked nature) distilled into a pipe tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.