PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
So I wanted to thank all of you for the kind words of encouragement regarding my studies and my possibly earning a scholarship. I have to report that unfortunately, one of the classes I've taken this semester does not count towards the scholarship so I am out of the running. At first I was quite upset and very hard on myself. However, after looking at the big picture I realize that it is not a total loss, and I'm actually doing pretty well. My GPA has gone up, 3.49 at the end of this semester, I've been accepted to an honors society, and after this semester, I'll only have 3 semesters left before I graduate and move on to law school.
Here's the words of wisdom. They really helped me with this, and I've always enjoyed them. Hopefully they'll help someone like they've helped me. They were originally written by OG Mandino, a Faith Based motivational speaker, and or part of his series of "scrolls." This is part of Scroll 3
"The prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning; and it is not

given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal. Failure

I may still encounter at the thousandth step, yet success hides behind the next bend in

the road. Never will I know how close it lies unless I turn the corner.

Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet

another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult"​
Thanks again! sorry for the length!

-Lou

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
good words... and Good luck. It is good to see that you march forward even when your plan does not form the way that you had hoped. Congrats on the Honors Society!

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Lou, you had a great mentor in Og Mandino. I read all of his books 40 years ago. I still own them. Many are rare 1st editions worth some good money. However, I will never part with them because the wisdom between the pages are worth much more than the dollar amount I would receive. It was Og's wisdom that guided me towards many successful business adventures including what I do today.
Here is another Og Mandino quote that rings true.
"Always seek out the seed of triumph in every adversity."
Good Luck,

Frank

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I'm glad you could find some perspective. Make sure you do that in law school. Neither are easy. As someone said to me before I went to law school "Surely you can find something better to do with your life. It's just not worth it." I didn't listen. Im glad I didn't but as far as I can tell the law school game is how many times can you get kicked in the balls and still stand back up. Maybe that was just me. Look for other scholarships, they are out there.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I can only add my good wishes to the above. You have done well, Lou, congratulations. Your future is bright because of your exceptional hard work, and your GPA is only one indication of the fine student you are. Keep up the good work!

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Thank you gentlemen! I'll keep my nose to the grindstone. You guys have no idea how much your encouragement means!
Happy Smokes!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Good for you and congrats on your achievements. I always told our daughter and even the people who worked for me that life is a long distance race not a sprint. Pace and determination wins the race. Carry on and you'll do well. Good luck in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.