PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I have to say a big thank you to all you forum members. In just the few days I have been a member of this forum I have learned more about pipes, tobaccos and smoking than I did in the twenty-plus years I smoked a pipe prior to my recently taking it up again after a long hiatus.
The level of knowledge, experience, and, most importantly, willingness to share it, of the members of this forum is truly impressive, and I look forward to coming back to the forum for many days to come, to discover even more of this great pastime of ours.
THANK YOU!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
oh20stop20it20you.png

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Ive been helped ALOT as well. Always good to know we all do a good job here. Cheers to us all!

oldshacker

Might Stick Around
Oct 26, 2012
I as you found that here they truly understand all levels of us pipe smokers. Welcome and enjoy.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I first joined I was also amazed at how friendly and helpful the people here are. I look forward to hanging here everyday and the beauty is I am still learning.

turtlewoman

Lurker
Jan 14, 2013
I have to throw in my 2cents worth, too. This is a great forum with a bunch of really helpful people and lots, lots, lots of knowledge. I really enjoy this forum.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
4Dot:
This forum is the most "noob" friendly site zipping though the ether.
There are some members who can be abrupt and there have been a few fallen members who were a bit negative/acerbic/snide with their comments - may they rest in peace.
The Mods do a great job of keeping this site cordial and I've been grateful for their vigilance. (Lawrence has dropped me several notes since I joined and I've saved every one.) God knows I've asked my share of FNG questions but they've always been answered straight up or on the rocks and the knowledge I've gained has made me a better smoker, hobbyist, restorer, collector and overall enthusiast of everything pipe related.
BTW, 4Dot, are you a man of the cloth? Your avatar depicts a gentleman wearing what appears to be vestments, with head declined and standing at an altar.
Cheers.
Fnord

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
These forums are great! I second the thanks! Everyone here is nice and friendly, fun and super helpful! A heartfelt thanks from me as well! One day may I be as helpful to another as you all are to me! :puffy:

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
My Grandfathers are my motivation for picking up the pipe, one is no longer with me and the other is in declining health. I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to do even the little I know without this forum. I also would like to put my thanks out there!

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
"BTW, 4Dot, are you a man of the cloth? Your avatar depicts a gentleman wearing what appears to be vestments, with head declined and standing at an altar"
Yes, I am a Buddhist priest.

oldredbeard

Jul 20, 2012
I have said it before, and will again. I agree with all that has been said, I have learned so much from the nicest people I've ever encountered on a forum. The wisdom and willingness to share it, as well as the great moderators make this a wonderful place to be. Thanks to all of you.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I too have learned a lot on this forum. I found out I knew diddly-squat about pipe smoking. I want to express my thanks to this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.