A Big Thank You!

(17 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by 4dotsasieni
  • Latest reply from flyguy
  1. 4dotsasieni

4dotsasieni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have to say a big thank you to all you forum members. In just the few days I have been a member of this forum I have learned more about pipes, tobaccos and smoking than I did in the twenty-plus years I smoked a pipe prior to my recently taking it up again after a long hiatus.

The level of knowledge, experience, and, most importantly, willingness to share it, of the members of this forum is truly impressive, and I look forward to coming back to the forum for many days to come, to discover even more of this great pastime of ours.

THANK YOU!

"Thus shall you view these fleeting worlds: As bubbles in the stream;
    A lightning flash, a puff of smoke, a phantom, and a pipe dream."
    - The Diamond Sutra (slightly edited for pipe smokers)
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. hodirty

hodirty

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ive been helped ALOT as well. Always good to know we all do a good job here. Cheers to us all!

The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
    ~Albert Einstein
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

flmason

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of people always glad to help at any time.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. oldshacker

oldshacker

Login to Send PM

I as you found that here they truly understand all levels of us pipe smokers. Welcome and enjoy.

When I was knee high, I thought that my late grandpa made the clouds in the sky with his cigar smoke, only to find out later it was his pipe smoke.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. smokeybear

smokeybear

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

+1

Great forum i too have learned plenty

A Great Storm No Matter How Great, Will Always Pass.
    But The Clam After, Is What You Must Master, In Order For Life To Last.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When I first joined I was also amazed at how friendly and helpful the people here are. I look forward to hanging here everyday and the beauty is I am still learning.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I believe that when I stop learning new things about pipe smoking, throw some dirt on me. I be dead.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

turtlewoman

Login to Send PM

I have to throw in my 2cents worth, too. This is a great forum with a bunch of really helpful people and lots, lots, lots of knowledge. I really enjoy this forum.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. allan

allan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ditto
    Allan

Allan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. fnord

fnord

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

4Dot:

This forum is the most "noob" friendly site zipping though the ether.

There are some members who can be abrupt and there have been a few fallen members who were a bit negative/acerbic/snide with their comments - may they rest in peace.

The Mods do a great job of keeping this site cordial and I've been grateful for their vigilance. (Lawrence has dropped me several notes since I joined and I've saved every one.) God knows I've asked my share of FNG questions but they've always been answered straight up or on the rocks and the knowledge I've gained has made me a better smoker, hobbyist, restorer, collector and overall enthusiast of everything pipe related.

BTW, 4Dot, are you a man of the cloth? Your avatar depicts a gentleman wearing what appears to be vestments, with head declined and standing at an altar.

Cheers.

Fnord

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. eibhir

eibhir

Login to Send PM

These forums are great! I second the thanks! Everyone here is nice and friendly, fun and super helpful! A heartfelt thanks from me as well! One day may I be as helpful to another as you all are to me!

A smile will always keep them guessing.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. brdavidson

brdavidson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My Grandfathers are my motivation for picking up the pipe, one is no longer with me and the other is in declining health. I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to do even the little I know without this forum. I also would like to put my thanks out there!

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. chops

chops

Login to Send PM

I agree with all that was said. I continue to learn a great deal from this site and thank everyone for participating and maintaining it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. 4dotsasieni

4dotsasieni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"BTW, 4Dot, are you a man of the cloth? Your avatar depicts a gentleman wearing what appears to be vestments, with head declined and standing at an altar"

Yes, I am a Buddhist priest.

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. oldredbeard

oldredbeard

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have said it before, and will again. I agree with all that has been said, I have learned so much from the nicest people I've ever encountered on a forum. The wisdom and willingness to share it, as well as the great moderators make this a wonderful place to be. Thanks to all of you.

I'm not complaining.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  17. flyguy

flyguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I too have learned a lot on this forum. I found out I knew diddly-squat about pipe smoking. I want to express my thanks to this forum!

“Apples for walking, and a pipe for sitting.”
    ― Samwise Gamgee
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   tarheel1, mikestanley, phil67, darwin, beardedbassguy, blueeyedogre, jmatt, conlejm, twoonefive, jd11, derfatdutchman, teufelhund, crimsonrat, hedgehog, newbroom, tbradsim1, antbauers, soymilkisgood, dermotfahy