PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I just received a tin of Mac Baren Dark Twist Roll Cake that was missing the dark center in the middle of the coins. I emailed Mac Baren and told them I was not pleased with the tin I received and attached a picture of the tin. Do you think I'm in the wrong? I want the tin replaced.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Hey Shawn, i forget what Dark Twist Roll Cake looks like.I have only smoked 1 tin, i still have the tin just looked at the descrition which indicates cavendish spund into viginia leaves. Really no mention of a Black Cavendish center. Sorry i can not help you. You know someone her can help you. Good Luck, again glad too see your back with us sir.
Take Care.

Mike.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I haven't smoked the dark twist just the regular roll cake. I went and looked up some pictures of the dark twist. And it looks like most doesn't have dark centers.
91C3FC61-6F42-427D-8CF3-92CA647C4EF9-30421-00001CB79AFC4016_zps58e7209a.jpg

Some pics showed open tins with a few coins with dark centers. But primarily they were just a darker brown coin as pictured here. Like I said though I have no personal experience with this tobacco.

B

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I just bought a tin of Dark Twist with a year of age on it, the coins have no dark center to speak of. Overall, I'm very pleased with it, it's the first time I've had it, and I find it very flavorful. And I'm not much of a Va. guy!

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I just bought a tin of Dark Twist with a year of age on it, the coins have no dark center to speak of. Overall, I'm very pleased with it, it's the first time I've had it, and I find it very flavorful. And I'm not much of a Va. guy!
The first tin I purchased had a dark center. This tin had a few coins with a dark center, but the rest of the tin did not. The first tin was great, but this tin is not so good. Mac Baren got back with me but only to tell me that they are forwarding my inquiry to quality control and I haven't heard anything back from them since. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
Well, my PS Lux Bulls Eye Flake has a black/Cavendish center but their Lux Twist Flake doesn't. If you want a Cavendish center from MacB, try their Club Blend Roll Cake.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I haven't smoked the dark twist just the regular roll cake. I went and looked up some pictures of the dark twist. And it looks like most doesn't have dark centers.
Some pics showed open tins with a few coins with dark centers. But primarily they were just a darker brown coin as pictured here. Like I said though I have no personal experience with this tobacco.

B
The first tin I purhased all the coins looked like this.

This is from the tin I just bought, but there are only a couple of them. This tin doesn't even compare to the first tin I bought in taste. I'm going to jar it up for a few months and see if that helps it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.