PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortonnewbie

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
ok.. so i had my first bowl of LL-1Q and i am sold. (remember this is coming from a new pipe smoker) the ease of draw, the lightness of smoke, the goodness of taste left me not only dreaming of my next bowl but wondering what else is out there. i love this pipe smoke life.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Haha. I dont know if I would call 1Q AMAZING. But it is definately a nice non-complicated smoke. Great with Coffee in the morning.
Glad you like it.

nortonnewbie

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
Spartan,

you have to remember that i am new and this is my second tobacco.. my first was stutliff maple street, which i like but to have as you say "non-complicated" smoke. i will keep 1Q in my supply.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
1Q is like Betty. Loyal...patient...uncomplicated. Sooner or later, however, you're going to want to try out Veronica...and if you're really gutsy and can take a few punches there's always Midge...
(Sorry guys, it's been a long day :| ...)

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
1-Q is the only aro I smoke regularly. It is a great "comfort" smoke. No matter how the day has gone, I can be assured of ending it on a good note with a bowl of 1-Q.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Just gave some to a young pipe smoker at my tire shop, told him this is a calming smoke, PS Luxury Bulleye Flake is when you want to go on a heavy date, and La Red is for foreplay. LOL. The old cajun

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Scratched record alert!
It's also great when those "boutique" blend start to loose their luster.

Smoke 1Q for a few bowls to a week and those "boutiques" will POP!

And....
Welcome aboard!

:puffy:

pipelotus

Lurker
Sep 21, 2012
A bit off topic, is Captain Black Royal the package form of 1Q? I've heard this, but havn't really had any confirmation.
On topic, I can't really suggest any Sutliff's, I can however say 1Q is a pretty awesome Aro. I primarily smoke Burleys and Lats, but there is something to be said for being allowed to smoke inside.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
there is a sutliff that is very similar to 1Q but not as good, I just cant think of the name right off the top of my head...

welcome aboard!!!

@ pipelotus CBR is not exactly the packaged form of 1Q, its more the mass produced/drugstore version. Its very similar taste and smell, has a slightly different cut, and contains the preservitives that 1Q doesnt. They're both made by Lane LTD tho :puffy:

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I still don't care for the film and taste that CB leaves in my mouth when and after I smoke it. 1Q doesn't do that at all to me. It also smokes lighter than CBR. My personal opinion, just stick with 1Q.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
+1 daytonsean

I dont know how it is where you are but 1Q is also less expensive here in TX than CB :crazy:

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Yea a 1.5 oz pouch of any CB, (typically only regular and royal are OTC here), is about $7.00 in Dayton. You can go to our local shop and buy almost 4 oz of 1Q for $8.00. Better deal, and a better smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.