1970s CAO or Golden Horn catalogs - where to find?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
I'm looking for 1970s meerschaum pipe catalogs. 1980s, too. Mainly CAO and Golden Horn, especially anything with Bekler's work in it. I know Golden Horn closed in the mid- to late-70s, my guess is around 76-79. I love the abstract "Beyond Imagination" pipes Bekler carved for Golden Horn, and I've been told that CAO halted production of these, but I've seen a CAO catalog circa 79-81 which showed a bunch of Bekler abstracts titled "Homage to Picasso."
I've called pipe shops, contacted CAO, nobody had any leads. Tinder Box shops here in Washington (Southcenter, Bellevue, Issaquah) used to have some of these catalogs; they wouldn't sell or give them away, and I have no idea who got them when they closed.
Does anybody have any leads? I'll happily settle for scanned pages. I have only one, a 1978 CAO which shows five "CAO's Bekler" pipes: Napoleon, Mozart, an Oriental face, a shah wearing a feathered turban subtitled "Masterpiece," and one of his boot pipes. This catalog also has the so-called Flying Horseman pipe spread across the front and back covers.

jerry

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
Well, here's a little something. At least we know that this catalog existed. http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vtg-1975-golden-horn-meerschaum-pipe-136614647

Status
Not open for further replies.