PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Here is the pipe that I got from Capt a couple of weeks ago. I managed to get the chip out but couldn't get the second cut on the stem to go my way so after a suggestion by Ryan Alden (lonestar) to try it the way it was I went ahead and just cleaned it up and smoothed out the second cut. It turned out pretty good. The pipe didn't need much in the way of attention just a good cleaning and some stem work. Here is the before and after. Thanks again to Captsousie for the generous gift.
Before

After

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Classic! I've got a No 44 six sided panel waiting for me in the shop for this weekend. Seems like everybody's collecting Kaywoodies these days. Makes 'em very hard to get for a decent price.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Seems like everybody's collecting Kaywoodies these days. Makes 'em very hard to get for a decent price.
You're turight, tuold. Luckily, there's jillions of 'em out there!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Thanks to all of you for the kind compliments.
@ tuold- yes sir you are right it is getting harder and harder to get a "good deal" on them. When I first started collecting them I could buy the regular supergrains 3 hole stingers for about 3 to 4 dollars and Pre-1936 4 digit for around 10-15 dollars, now it is getting hard to get a Post 55 model for under 15, 20 bucks. There are still lots of deals out there and I snag them up every chance I get but your right, seems like everybody is buying and bidding on them these days.
@ Cynyr- yes there are plenty to choose from and jillions our there. I think during there " Hey day " they offered more shapes and designs than any pipe company out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.