scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
sxSga4Q.jpg
ruKGFjU.jpg

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Dave G, does all my pipes. He contacted a few collectors an they told him not to do much to it. No super shine, it had a little tooth chatter but they came out by heating the stem. No fills. He hand buffed the sterling leaving the patina intact. On this one she original. Not bad for 104 years old. Thanks everybody. Hey Al just noticed I'm missing a B in the title, can you fix it. I'm sure most members knows what it is. Thanks!

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
Yeah, that's a really nice one. I'd have shined the silver 'cause I like shiny silver. But that's my preference and not a criticism. There's a lot of satisfaction in smoking a nice old pipe like that.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
This pipe was a little rough but a solid survivor. After much discussion about what to do with this one, Scrooge decided to lightly repair and preserve it. I happily agreed. It just didn't seem right to tear it down and completely refinish it. The finish is all original.
oLgHRqwl.jpg

The sterling was hand polished and left with some patina.
cIPt0YEl.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Most impressive, so lithe with that snazzy cant to the bowl. Good call on not overdoing the renovation. This old gent stands on his own.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Beautiful pipe, hard to believe it's over 100 years old and looking that good, it gives one a little hope of not for ourselves then our pipes!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Another gem from Dave! The stand might have been a hint, but I didn't know for sure, (at all.) Congrats all around. As to the BB, there's only one: Mlle. Bardot!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Nice BBB! You can still see the logo on the stem - often it's buffed out by the time we collectors get our hands on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.