PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Just so this doesn't get lost in the shuffle - I am reposting this Tobacco Review - that I copied from Jack's offer $30 for almost a pound of this terrific blend. I smoked a bowl last night - and I have to say that this is one of my favorite desert island Aromatics. Here it is again - check it out: :wink:
Here is my review on this blend:
When someone delcares that their tobaccos are made of the finest tobaccos - one is tempted to think "Yeah, right!" But such might be the case of Jack Peterson's "1776 Old Dominion."

The tobacco blend is superb. Notes seem to hit it right with notes of vanilla, cream, cinnamon, coffee, and toasted nuts.
The cinnamon note is more apparent at the start of the bowl - but that slowly disapates as one progresses throught the smoke. The creaminess remains throughout as one is treated to a mild aromatic that is of medium strength.
Although described as a mild aromatic - the tobacco blend itself lends itself to a lovely medium almost full taste on the palate. And yet afterwards there is no pipe funk left in the bowl or in the mouth. Absolutely no bite whatsoever - So, one does not have to worry about "Godzilla Breath" or ugly halitosis that seems to plague so many pipe tobacco blends out there on the market.
My only faulting of this blend actually lies in the description - as I wonder if the word cigarette might be something that could turn a lot of potential buyers off. The blend is excellent and whether one is 'transitioning' to pipe from other smokables seems to be a moot point.
Black as sin and pure heaven in the bowl. This could be another tobaco blend that will become a permanent fixture in my rotation of tobaccos.
Jack really hit it out of the park on this one

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
If it gets listed on Luxury Tobaccos - I will be happy to copy and paste it. Thank you for the acknowledgements. :)

dd951

Can't Leave
Jun 18, 2010
Hi Clan, who makes this tobacco ? I can't find it on P&C

Thanks

Jerry

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Jack is also running a special right now, 14 oz for $30 dollars through the end of June. Ordered mine two days ago, and anticipating its arrival.

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
I am going for it too. $30 bucks for almost a pound of this delicious blend is a bargain. I would say (IMHO) that this could be the Best All Black Aromatic Tobacco around. With toasted flavors, rum, hint of vanilla taste - this has depth, structure and complexity not usually found in an Aromatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.