PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
How long does it take you guys/gals to go thru 100g of tobacco.
I weighed out 100g and it took me 8 days to go thru it. I was thinking I was smoking around 50g a week, so was a bit surprised. This was the first time I weighed out and smoked nothing but that same tobacco until it was gone.
Mike

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I don;t know mate. I always have 20+ tins open because I hardly have the same smoke twice in a row. Alot also depends on what I'm doing. Fishing means the pipe is never empty.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
nfisher - Same with me. It is hard to smoke just one tobacco all the time, so I keep a bunch in rotation. I was kind of surprised with the result. Means my stash of St. James Flake will only last about 50 weeks if I smoked nothing but.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Couple of weeks if I smoked the same thing day in day out. Doesn't happen very often, although lately I've been trying to have a "main blend" for the day ( 4 bowls ) along with another bowl of "something else for variety". I keep about 5 blends in the rotation ( opened tins and jars )

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
That's just about what I get through in my "daytime" tobacco each week. I'll have 3 or so bowls of something different in the evenings.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
A few months, since I have a bunch of tins open at one time. Now a 50g tin of EMP and Night Cap probably lasts 1 to 2 weeks.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have no idea since,like a lot of these guys, I rotate through a whole bunch of different blends.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If I figure 3 grams per bowl at 5 bowls a day that is 15 grams a day times 7 equals 105 per week. I guess you and I Mike are smoking about the same per week which means we need to corner the market on St James flake. :lol: I have around 16 different blends in my rotation but only 3 vapers so I am also going through a lot of St James. I wish I could find more vaper flakes that I like.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Using Harris' calculation of 3 gms/bowl and smoking between 3-4 bowls a day, I'm figuring about 9-10 days. I've got too many blends going to notice major drops in any one blend unless I get fixated on one blend for awhile. Actually, I just put a major dent in one of the tins of Red Raparree that the OP, mrenglish sold me a few weeks back. Thanks Mike, its good stuff!

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
let's see using the 3 gram bowl calculation at 7-8 bowls on an average day. That's 4.44 days add to that the two days a week where I smoke more because I clench a lit pipe while gaming all day. yeah a hundred grams doesn't last too long. I wonder if I should buy a wharehouse and start ordering by the ton instead of pound so I have some room for cellaring?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
At the rate I smoke, It'd last me a month. But since I NEVER smoke the same thing twice in a row, it'd probably last at least a year. Now if I win the lottery, or get some money from an unknown rich relative, I'd probably go through it much faster. YMMV.
-Jason

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
There's a lot of variance in net weight because I have to dry-out some brands, so I just go by bowls/day, which is about 8. :puffy:

That's a lot of tobacco if you're talking Sam Gawith flakes, but not much if it's anything made by, say, C & D.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
If i smoked in the house i would smoke a lot more. especially in the winter time. Is was 32 F this morning and thats a bit chilly to sit on the porch with a cup of coffee and a pipe.

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
Like Cortez said, if I'm smoking SG Flakes, I could smoke 2 50g tins in 3 days or so without trying hard. But if I'm smoking, say, a 100g Mac Baren ribbon cut blend, it would take me upwards of a week to smoke the same amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.