PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In case you've missed it in the recent threads list, or you were unaware of what it is, or were just plain leary of clicking on a thread started by Dan (Woodsroad), here are 10 compelling reasons why you, yes YOU should sign up for the 2018 Pipesmagazine Secret Santa.
10. It's Easy
There is a small questionnaire you fill out through a link in the thread asking you your screen name, mailing address, and preferred tobacco. There are no health questions, and no sales person will call you. You are pre approved for coverage (you just need to have been around here for a few months and posted sometimes).
9. Dan (Woodsroad) Has Done All The Work!
You will get an email at some point with an address. Mail that person 2 tins. Wait and see what tins are coming your way.
8. Camaraderie & Fraternity
We are always hearing about the 'brotherhood' of pipers. Sometimes we don't see that at all, and sometimes we do, like this. This is a great opportunity to help another oker find a blend they might really enjoy.
7. But I Have All the Tobacco I Could Ever Use
Maybe so, you've boarded a billion tins of your favorite blend, but maybe you will find a new favorite to throw in your rotation as well!
6. Dan (Woodsroad) HAS DONE ALL THE WORK
You literally just mail a box.
5. It's A Good Way to Meet Fellow Members
Especially true for the newer guys, we are more than just screenames!
4. It is a lot of Fun
I only started doing this last year, but no one has had a bad experience. The thread is an ongoing thing as well. Who will get that tub of Captain Black Grape this year?
3. Dan (Woodsroad) Sells Your Personal Info to only the Choicest of Clients
I kid! I kid! I think...
2. What You Don't Like, Someone May Love
Do you have some blends that you thought you would love, but can't stand? Have you moved on from burleys and English? Move them forward to someone who will enjoy them!
And the number 1 reason?
1. Dan (Woodsroad) HAS DONE EVERYTHING FOR YOU BUT PACK THE BOX!
Easy as that really!
Ok, off my soapbox now. Time to get some chores done.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In my case, being on Forums is like being Santa's cousin, something in the mail every few months, recently a magnificent Meer, two different sets of samples from the Chicago pipe show. Such generosity, for which I am greatly thankful.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
If I repatriate to the states I'll do it! Being out in Europe means I have to sit it out this year.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Yeah, this is not like the box pass. I spent somewhere in the vicinity of six hours reading to be sure I could pass that exam. Man was that worth it. This, though, is easy. Put your information in and Bob's your uncle. Europeans are welcome. Well, maybe not welcome, but they can participate.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
No, Dan's our uncle.... I did it last year, and was great fun.
Just go to first post, take 3 minutes, and you're in like Flynn! (Errol, not Laura Boyle!)

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Thanks, Mike!
Yes, everyone can join in the reindeer games, regardless of your creed, color, sex or national origin. This is the UN of Tobacco Gifting. And, for just one day, we don’t even care if you don’t celebrate Christmas, either. Heck, I’m playing Santa here and I’m Jewish. Oy vey ist mir! Get your ass on over to the sign-up sheet, grab some egg nog and a pipe of Christmas Cheer and join in the fun!

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Do the tins have to be unopened? This is fine, of course, but I have a bunch of tins now that are opened with a bowl or two taken out, and they're not to my liking. It would be nice to pass some on to someone who might enjoy them.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
We're allowing bulk this year IF it is something out of the ordinary, and not currently available. But, yes, the tins need to be sealed.

piper64

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 21, 2018
Northern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.