PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Yesterday Childrens Medical Center of Dallas held there annual clay shoot/fund raiser for cancer treatment. First off its a great charity, they were able to raise $10,000+, not sure what they took in on raffle sales and last minute donatins but the 10k was at start time. CMC is the hospital my company is working on now and I was asked to be on the Vaughn team. They really had to twist my arm but I went along :wink: and it was a great time. Catered lunch, 15 station shoot, catered BBQ dinner...we finished 5th of 17 teams, all in all not too bad.
Our team

IMG_0094.jpg

Me at one station..notice the perfect form :mrgreen:

IMG_0098.jpg

They're talking about a golf tourn next..hope I'm still here for that one!

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
wonderful thing to do and I am sure you all had fun!!!
I target practice with my pistols and rifles alot, but never tried this...
Looks like a blast

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Great day for a great cause. I shoot rifles, pistols, anything with a trigger. Bug a good scattergun and some clays is always my favorite

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
@capt it was a Beretta Extrema 2, fine shooting gun, all guns ammo and clays were provided

@ lonestar it was at the Elm Fork shooting club on Luna rd. Heck of a nice place, trap & skeet, pistol and rifle ranges all right there practically at Love field

@dave it was a very good time..guys around here are talking about going back on our own in a couple months

@js if you're into shotguns at all or bird hunting you have to try it atleast once

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
The guys at my church get together for a target shoot once or twice a year. It is a lot of fun. I am always very merciful to the poor defenseless clay pigeons.
Winton

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
It's always fun to participate in charity functions that also promote one of your interests.

Good on ya mate! :clap:
But, when I first read the title I thought the Commandant of the Marine Corps held a clay shoot? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.