PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
It has been one year this March since I've joined the forum. I've learned more this past year about pipes and tobacco than the last twenty years of pipe smoking on my own. I initially joined up to hone my pipe restoration techniques, and swiftly found PM was much more, a group of helpful, generous, and friendly brothers of briar. (and sisters) I had undiagnosed P.A.D. and quickly contracted T.A.D. after joining. Thanks to everyone who has put up with my late night whiskey posts, helped with all my questions, given great deals on pipes, and charitable gifts. I now have around twenty pounds of tobacco cellared, and too many pipes to count. I dropped Facebook for my new years resolution but I'll be keeping my Pipes Magazine forum.
Cheers! :puffy:

Dave

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Hell's bells, all this time I thought we were SUPPOSED to drink whiskey and post. :puffy:
Congrats on the milestone, sir.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Great to have you here ... and I like your sig line! :)
You'll have gone "Purple" before you know it ... beanies and such ... although mine never arrived ... :?

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Congrats Dave, you are a well liked and well respected member of the forums and your presence here is appreciated and enjoyed. It is a special community indeed. I just passed my 1 year mark last month as well, along with the purple status change and just today 1k posts, lol. I'm too lazy and lack the motivation to make a post about it though, so forgive me for combining mine into yours!!! :rofl:

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
danielplainview, in my short time here I have enjoyed reading your posts very much. When I see that sweaty constipated looking avatar (who I think is from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?), I know that the post is worth reading. Congrats!
j/B

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Daniel Plainview was the main character in the movie "There Will Be Blood", portrayed by Daniel Day-Lewis.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
My sincere congratulations to you Dave.
Like many have stated above, you're a welcome and worthy member. Thanks for managing to capture our interest.
Let this be a milestone in your pipe smoking lifestyle.
Happy sipping!

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Thanks everyone. For those of you who don't know who Daniel Plainview is, here is the scene from the movie where I got my picture for my avatar.
lY1ZOgSl.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_hFTR6qyEo&t=31

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Nice, yes I think if I could name one thing that this forum has done in my couple years is help me grasp the importace of cellaring. 25 plus pounds and counting. It is so rewarding to dip into it on occassion and pull out an aged tin of delicious goodness. Thanks PM, and congrats on a year!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Congrats on the milestone Dave! :clap:

I always enjoy your posts, especially like seeing the wonderful resto work you do. A year certainly goes by fast. And I am SO glad I'm not the only late night whisky poster!! :roll:

Keep posting those resto pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.