PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
A recently opened 2012 C&D Manhattan Afternoon was ... wow!
Virginia leaf toped with honey.
Add 12 years and ...
there's the wow!

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
For non-aromatics I'll go with Orlik Golden Sliced, Haunted Bookshop, and Early Morning Pipe.

To me Orlik Golden Sliced has a really unique floral aroma that is *almost* like a mild Lakeland take on a bright Virginia flake, and it just smells like summertime in every way to me. Green grass and wildflowers warming in the sun, dandelions and pleasant lakeside breezes. It's the natural aroma of summer captured in a Virginia flake!

Haunted Bookshop is at the opposite end of the spectrum, and aptly named because I find it to smell exactly like a dusty old library! If you go down into the basement of a library, where they keep the stacks of very old books in need of restoration, that's exactly what Haunted Bookshop smells like to me. Every whiff of the tin mentally transports me to an old, old library; perusing the stacks of centuries old tomes via candlelight.

Lastly, I think Early Morning Pipe perfectly captures the "campfire" aspect of Latakia! Often the Latakia in English blends can be leathery or musky smelling, but Early Morning Pipe is pure campfirey goodness! It's by far the most perfectly campfire scented (and flavored) English blend I've ever found, and I love it!

Bonus: For a couple aromatics, I'll go with Cornell & Diehl's Autumn Evening and Sutliff Pumpkin Spice. Both of them really capture the sweeter essences of fall I think!

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
Watch City Flake #558. Most memorable, anyway. (Certainly not heavenly.)
I felt the same way the first time I smelled 558. I thought for sure Ernie at Watch City had cased this blend in sheep sh*t.
But then, I started to appreciate it. I often pack a bowl of this the night before I'm going to smoke it (see also "DGT"). It smells up the room. And I actually love it now.
You might find yourself changing your opinion in time. Maybe.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
Let's see..

Blood Red Moon
Sillem's Black
Tashkent
Luxury Bullseye Flake
Blue Ribbon
Apricots & Cream