PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Georged would disagree, but I've had wonderful results with lightly heating vulcanite. It's my understanding that heat causes vulanite to spring back to its original state. It's worked for me, but you have to be careful not to get the tenon to hot. Beeswax, water and nail polish work wonders,

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I didn't read Georged last post. He's explained it fully with more experience. Refer to that post.

rdoss16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2019
Thanks for the quick response. Not sure if its the weather change or the briar drying out etc but tried it again this morning and its still spinning pretty freely. Ive read applying a small coat if clear nail polish can be an effective way of tightening it up, or coating it in beeswax. Im going to give that a try today.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thanks for the quick response. Not sure if its the weather change or the briar drying out etc but tried it again this morning and its still spinning pretty freely. Ive read applying a small coat if clear nail polish can be an effective way of tightening it up, or coating it in beeswax. Im going to give that a try today.
application of either will do the trick for the time being,,

Status
Not open for further replies.