PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Dear Board,
If I smoke my 1917 Dunhill Shell with the group 1 size bowl with 65 + y/o Three Nuns whilst fishing with my 1917 Leonard Hawes 8' 3/2 Bamboo Fly Rod using a silk line from the 20's and my 1912/1905 prototype check Hardy Perfect original LHW, will I catch more fish?
titanic.gif

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I always taught my kids that there's fishing and there's catching. One thing I can tell you for sure-- you'll have one of the best fishing days of your life, you lucky guy!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I agree with everything but the line Fish, go with a good mono, the silk will break. Line breakage was the bane of old timely fishermen Zane Gray and Hemmingway were fishing off the coast of Cuba and they were tired of the sharks takeing their catch while they tenderly worked the fish to the boat, because with the fishing lines of the day they would break easily. So a plan was devised, danymite, they were gonna blow the sharks out of the water.A fish is on the line , fighting him hard, lo and behold a shark appears, ready to take the fish, Hemminway with a couple drinks under his belt lights not one but 3 sticks of danymite and heaves them at the shark. Shark jumps out the water and swallows the danymite, swims under the boat, and BOOM blows the transom off of the boat. Boat sinks and they swim to shore in Cuba. So Fish use some good mono.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Only if you tie on an Original Carrie Stevens' 1922 Grey Ghost streamer. And then only the Slow, Fat, Aged, 4 pound brook trout will hit your fly!!

:worship:

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I always taught my kids that there's fishing and there's catching. One thing I can tell you for sure-- you'll have one of the best fishing days of your life...!
LOL, I think that answers the question.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
If I smoke my 1917 Dunhill Shell with the group 1 size bowl with 65 + y/o Three Nuns whilst fishing with my 1917 Leonard Hawes 8' 3/2 Bamboo Fly Rod using a silk line from the 20's and my 1912/1905 prototype check Hardy Perfect original LHW, will I catch more fish?
Either way, I think you must try this!

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
You got all that stuff together and are out there... it's not about the fish anymore...

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
RE: Old Cadjun Hemingway way story.

TO: Old Cadjun.
Love that story!

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Probably not. But if you do it while wearing some classic gear from Orvis, with an antique sterling flask of fine Scotch in your back pocket, you will achieve some sort of nostalgia nirvana and turn into a perfect ball of light.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
I can't tell you if you will catch more fish or not, but I can tell you that you've just made more than a few guys here extremely jealous lol. With that outfit, I don't think it's gonna matter too much whether you catch any fish because that should you give one of your best days of fishing and pipe smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.