PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
I have a cob for aromatics, and I try to keep latakia blends to a pipe separate from the others. Otherwise, no hard and fast rules

Reactions: Garcia

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I don’t like Virginia in a pot,
Otherwise it matters not.
Flake or ribbon it’s the same,
The same leaf, the same name.

The L word these days can be tricky,
Want to be inclusive, but still picky.
Tall and skinny? Don’t be hasty,
Shorter and stouter is pretty tasty.

Burley doesn’t seem to care,
Adapts to life most anywhere.
As tobacco goes it’s Charlie Brown,
True and steady, won’t let me down.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I determine if a pipe gets dedicated to a particular blend after smoking a variety of blends through said pipe. If I find that a particular blend smokes better in said pipe better than any other pipe, then I might dedicate that pipe to that blend. To date I only have one pipe dedicated to a particular blend, and that is my Savinelli 645 Short Pipe, which I only smoke Seattle Pipe Club - Mississippi River in. Mississippi River just tastes better in that pipe than any of my other pipes.

I do have a straight billiard Jirsa pipe that I enjoy flake tobacco's in. The chamber is perfect to fold and stuff the flakes. I also smoke burley tobacco (i.e. Sir Walter Raleigh, Carter Hall, Granger, etc.) in my cobs. As I enjoy those blends better in a cob than I do my briars and meers.

If you really want to dedicate a pipe to a blend then start sampling and conduct a taste test as to what tobacco taste and smokes best for you in said pipe, and if you want to dedicate that pipe then there you go.

Santiago

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2023
Finland
I know that forum is fairly split on the concept of dedicating pipes. For those of you who do dedicate pipes to a specific blend or blend type, how do you determine what a new pipe is going to be dedicated to? Is it by shape? Do you smoke a handful of favorites through it, to see what it's best with? What is your process? Thanks.
I do not have a dedicated pipe yet, but I want to get a Morta pipe and to dedicate it to Latakias.
1700469533701.png