PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This is a good advertisement for my local independent pipe shop where I can buy a fine pipe, cash on the barrelhead, and not negotiate it with a bureaucracy of thousands. The proprietor is happy; I'm happy. Objective achieved.

Reactions: saintpeter
FWIW, last year I had a shipment of opal rough, the gemstones, that were from Australia, but the package was distributed out of Germany, tagged by US Customs as Toxic Substance. I filled out the paperwork, they inspected it, and I had the package within two weeks.

I say this, because I wonder if they just randomly tag things for inspection. I have no idea. Just wondering. puffy

Reactions: saintpeter

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
This is a good advertisement for my local independent pipe shop where I can buy a fine pipe, cash on the barrelhead, and not negotiate it with a bureaucracy of thousands. The proprietor is happy; I'm happy. Objective achieved.
True..you might be paying a bit more and not have the selection that can be had overseas. On the other hand you help a local b&m and keep things rolling in your hood!

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I suppose, though, that they could get it repaired faster than they they can light a fire under whatever low level official is responsible for delivering the goods in a timely manner!rotf

Status
Not open for further replies.