PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Unfortunately I could not smoke Haunted Book Shop. I found out I'm allergic to Burley after I ordered it.
Given your reaction to burley, I’m really surprised that you seem to be exploring so many of the C&D blends. To me, C&D is “The House of Burley,” with that leaf playing a role in just about every blend they make. If you really want to stay away from burley, it might be helpful to explore other blenders.

Reactions: Coreios

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Given your reaction to burley, I’m really surprised that you seem to be exploring so many of the C&D blends. To me, C&D is “The House of Burley,” with that leaf playing a role in just about every blend they make. If you really want to stay away from burley, it might be helpful to explore other blenders.
Yeah, going forward I am exploring different options.

Reactions: rmbittner

beargreasediet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2021
The Prairie
Cigarettes have Burley and Virginia in it......are those cigaretteish? That's why I've been avoiding those.

That was my experience whenever I tried them; hence the reason I stuck with Latakia mixtures for the longest time. I think I round-filed some Christmas Cheer, sometime around 2009, as it just tasted like an ashtray🤣

As subtlety has never been my gift, it’s taken a year of reading this forum to begin to figure out just what exactly people meant by drying more, packing lighter and smoking slower…. But the reward, within the last few months, has been that I am now enjoying tobaccos which were before inaccessible to me.

Thanks for asking the questions @corieios! And to those who have shared their valuable experience in response.

ADKPiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
I followed people recommendation on here and bought some Uhle's 00.
Excellent.
I did not imagine that burley could be so smooth.

Some other that I like..
GLP Quiet Nights is a winner.

Smoking pipes has a sale on all the Warped blends.
I picked up 3.
King's Stride, The Red Hunt and Cloud Hopper.
They are good.
They use some cigar leaf in the blends.

Reactions: Coreios