PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
So, I’ve now seen older posts on this shop (really wish I had read them before driving 45 minutes), and they continue to be correct. They will sell you a pipe, they will sell you pipe tobacco, they REFUSE to let you into the smoking lounge unless you plan to smoke a cigar. I’m not sure what this continued "d-bag cigar bro” policy accomplishes for the shop, but they seem to cherish the results. One would think going out of your way to alienate an entire cross-section of the smoking community would be a bad idea for a smoke shop… but what do I know.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I’ve been in there several times over the years and I don’t think I’ve ever seen the owner not smoking a pipe. I know the Davidoff Lounge is member exclusive but I guess I’ve never tried smoking anything other than a cigar in the free chairs in the mezzanine.

Lyon0oq

Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
I’ve been in there several times over the years and I don’t think I’ve ever seen the owner not smoking a pipe. I know the Davidoff Lounge is member exclusive but I guess I’ve never tried smoking anything other than a cigar in the free chairs in the mezzanine.
I saw all the pipe tobacco jars in the photos, and I believe I too saw the owner with his pipe today. Again, I have no clue what this policy accomplishes for them, but looking through older posts I see I’m not the first one to run up against it (and be kind of baffled it exists).

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Seems a rather odd policy for shop owner to make, but it is his store. As frequent smoker of cigars I wouldn't find it offensive just odd.

Lyon0oq

Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
Seems a rather odd policy for shop owner to make, but it is his store. As frequent smoker of cigars I wouldn't find it offensive just odd.
Yes, his shop his choice, but more than a little odd. In a country where we are constantly seeing smoking being regulated away, to regulate pipe smoking like that in one’s own shop seems arbitrary at best.

Reactions: kcghost