PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
Just finished a reclamation project of a bureau my Dad made over 60 years ago. I now have all my smoking accessories in one spot. Lighters, cutters, punches, ashtrays, humidors, pipes and tobacco, it’s all there. The first pic shows what it looked like two weeks ago and then pics of the stripped down piece, the final piece and finally set up with all my stuff.

IMG_2512.jpegIMG_2558.jpegIMG_2590.jpegIMG_2600.jpegIMG_2601.jpegIMG_2602.jpegIMG_2603.jpegIMG_2599.jpeg

Last edited:

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
You can tell that no cat has yet to discover this horizontal surface as a place to nap, curling up and stretching out, displacing all things onto the floor that are not the cat itself.

(looks purty nice!)
Thank you! For some odd reason our two cats don't get up on furniture or counter tops. Couches and chairs, yes, but mostly they just sit on us.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Looks good, dark finish against the light wood floor. Area looks neat & orderly, accessories, tobacco, & pipes can be stored or displayed as desired.

• Love
Reactions: AreBee

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Dark finish looks tremendous. ♥️♥️♥️
Thank you. I am happy with the dark finish against the distressed hardware too. I couldn’t bring myself to replace the pulls because their light clanging against the back plate is something I remember vividly from my childhood. I also couldn’t polish them because my wife has a deep-seated hatred for brass, stemming from a childhood of cleaning it in her parents’ house! 🤣

Reactions: kcghost