Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
The current iteration of Three Nuns is definitely not what it was 20 years ago, but Is still a solid smoke in it's own right. It seems to be made made with quality leaf burns nicely and the flavor is spot on for me. I enjoy it regularly, but I enjoy it for the way it is formulated now. I'm sure I would have enjoyed the old Three Nuns as well, but those days are gone. I do occasionally smoke the Doblone D'Oro blend from Savinelli and I enjoy it from time to time, but I find myself smoking the current Three Nuns more often as a regular smoke these days.

Warlee

Might Stick Around
Apr 13, 2022
Michigan
I want to try Three Nuns, but I am a nic wimp. Should I still pull the trigger??
It is not crazy strong but the nic is there. It doesn’t bother me but I have a moderate nic tolerance. It will prob give you a pretty good buzz.

If you decide to do it I would use a small bowl and smoke after a high carb meal.

Reactions: Doctor Chopper

TheIdahoan

Lurker
Jan 7, 2023
Southeast Idaho
It is not crazy strong but the nic is there. It doesn’t bother me but I have a moderate nic tolerance. It will prob give you a pretty good buzz.

If you decide to do it I would use a small bowl and smoke after a high carb meal.

Why after a high carb meal? First I've heard of that...

Warlee

Might Stick Around
Apr 13, 2022
Michigan
Why after a high carb meal? First I've heard of that...
Coming from cigars, nicotine messes with your blood sugar. It’s why they highly recommend diabetics not smoke. If you start your pipe/cigar without much sugar (carbohydrates) in your system you can more easily get nicotine sickness.

DCpiper

Lurker
May 12, 2023
Florida
Not terribly old but I found a tin from 2017 unopened and I've been sitting on it a while. I know it's not original but will it be close or how different would it be to it?

TheIdahoan

Lurker
Jan 7, 2023
Southeast Idaho
Coming from cigars, nicotine messes with your blood sugar. It’s why they highly recommend diabetics not smoke. If you start your pipe/cigar without much sugar (carbohydrates) in your system you can more easily get nicotine sickness.

Interesting. Since I'm starting a ketogenic diet, I should watch my nic levels. I spent Thursday smoking Three Nuns while in keto and fasted - 3 bowls in all. Either the keto has a weird effect on my ability to process nic or I'm very tolerant of it. Have you heard anything on ketosis and nicotine??

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Interesting. Since I'm starting a ketogenic diet, I should watch my nic levels. I spent Thursday smoking Three Nuns while in keto and fasted - 3 bowls in all. Either the keto has a weird effect on my ability to process nic or I'm very tolerant of it. Have you heard anything on ketosis and nicotine??
I haven’t done a ketogenic diet in a very long time, but the absence of sugar rushes (and crashes) was really nice. I’ll be interested to hear more of your results.

TheIdahoan

Lurker
Jan 7, 2023
Southeast Idaho
I haven’t done a ketogenic diet in a very long time, but the absence of sugar rushes (and crashes) was really nice. I’ll be interested to hear more of your results.

Not my first go at it. Went from 250 to 185 in 8 months on keto. Felt great even though calories were low. If you like, start a thread or DM and I'll talk more about it. Just don't wanna take away any more from the OP's thread.