PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

buckle2600

Lurker
Jan 9, 2023
Hello all,
I recently bought a Savinelli 626 Monsieur Sandblasted directly from Savinelli, and I had a surprisingly bad customer service experience. The pipe smokes wonderfully, and it was the 10th Savinelli pipe in my growing collection. When I purchased the pipe on their website, the order failed. On a second attempt, it went through. I received my receipt for my order, and that is the last I heard from them until the Savinelli box showed up on my doorstep. No shipment notification, nothing. I was very surprised to find two identical pipes in the box. Upon investigating my credit card statement, I found that I had been charged for both.

I reached out to Savinelli Customer Service, and they said that they emailed me to clarify the multiple order and when they didn't hear back, they sent both. The strangest part is that they did not email me; they sent the email to an email address I didn't recognize and and didn't provide to them. They did not send an email to the address I provided, and the one where I received my original purchase receipt.

When I explained what happened, they just told me that I had 14 days to send the pipe back at my expense. I sent the pipe back of course not wanting to keep something that I didn't order and had my credit card company go ahead and refund the purchase as I didn't trust Savinelli at this point. I should have gotten the refund from my credit card company and kept the pipe until Savinelli provided a way to send it back at their expense, but I assumed they would act in good faith and possibly offer a coupon or credit for my troubles.

I sent a final email letting them know how dissatisfied I was to have to pay to fix their mistake, and I haven't heard anything back. Savinelli makes great pipes, but I can't continue to support them in good conscience with customer service like this. I would caution others not to order directly from Savinelli. I wish I had just ordered off of smokingpipes.com per usual. Since I am no longer going to build a 626 collection, I just purchased a Peterson 264 St. Patrick's Day edition. I'll let you know how that pipe is when it arrives. Cheers.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's been completely frustrating. There may be a language problem, but that's no excuse. I take the lesson, deal with retailers who need repeat business.

Reactions: SBC and buckle2600

buckle2600

Lurker
Jan 9, 2023
Agreed! I’m taking this as an opportunity to explore other brands for now, while sending my business to retailers as you describe. My PAD has been redirected if not diminished.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
You ordered a pipe directly from Savinelli? I had no idea that you could do that.
That's what I was going to say.

Then also was going to suggest SP.COM which you stated you've used before. (You can buy pipes at other places except smoking pipes?????)

But either way it sucks that the customer service was like that.

But think of the upside. It brought you to this great community, and I hope you stick around and introduce yourself in the proper section, and it wasn't one of those drive by complaint threads where you disappear in a day or two ...

Welcome!

buckle2600

Lurker
Jan 9, 2023
That's what I was going to say.

Then also was going to suggest SP.COM which you stated you've used before. (You can buy pipes at other places except smoking pipes?????)

But either way it sucks that the customer service was like that.

But think of the upside. It brought you to this great community, and I hope you stick around and introduce yourself in the proper section, and it wasn't one of those drive by complaint threads where you disappear in a day or two ...

Welcome!
I’ve been a lurker behind the scenes for a month or so as I’ve gotten back into the hobby. I do not plan to be a drive by whiner. I will look up the intro thread and add my bit.

buckle2600

Lurker
Jan 9, 2023
You ordered a pipe directly from Savinelli? I had no idea that you could do that.
I didn’t either until just recently. I was having trouble finding the pipe I wanted on SP at the time (how picky does one have to be with their huge selection, lol) Though I’ll leave them to manufacturing going forward, and leave customer service to the professionals. 🤣