Southwest Louisiana
28636D15-023A-4A00-A29E-83807EA558B3-29186-0000389DA656D822_zpsf47e1e66.jpg
sweet smoker, made in 2000, not smoked. Great first smoke. The old cajun

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Great looking pipe, skillfully shaped. Love the birdseye. :clap:

I think I like the shank and stem for the same reason I like women's legs! Thanks for posting the picture.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
That is a beautiful pipe, and a gorgeous, beautifully composed photo (and my wife is a professional photographer, so I know whereof I speak). Any chance of considering a second career? (Not that photography pays much.)

Jul 15, 2011
I saw some Spanu pipes while shopping on a website here a couple of weeks ago but I forget where I saw them. In any case, this is a fine looking pipe, kind of a hybrid between a few different shapes. Ya did good sir!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Padre, I"m smokeing it now, I will tell you a story, one Mardis Gras my wife and I dressed for the occasion and met some friends in New Iberia for a slow jaunt thru the small local towns celebrating Mardis Gras. This was an all day affair, my wife does not drink, but I made up for it. Later that night we all congrated at a little charming local bar outside of New Iberia, kind of like a Cajun Cheers bar, we made merry again, my wife who was dressed like a 20s Blues man Round Straw hat and all with a Striped vest and white pants ( Setting the scene here like takeing a picture) said you"ve had enough, well I stumbled out the door walked across the street, turned around and as the wife came out the door I took her picture. Got the pictures developed and one picture slightly out if focus , the one of my wife comeing out of the bar was beautiful, The neon signs in the front glass glowed warm and fuzzy, patrons heads showed ,maybe people are haveing a good time, and my wife's image was like something like the 20s. The bar owners were old friends so I had that picture greatly enlarged , put it in a picture frame and the next outing gave it to them, they were thrilled. The local newspaper photographer hung out there and demanded my phone number when he saw the picture. Calling my house he introduced himself and said That is one of the most Beautiful pictures I"ve seen, what technique did you use. Stunned, because I am not a photographer I racked my feeble brain and told him my technique. MILLER LIGHT! :rofl:

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Great story, Brad.

I love hearing of good memories and stories that will never be forgotten. And your technique finished it all off in style. Awesome.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
And now I'm going to have to tell my wife that she's been wasting hours working with Photoshop, when Miller Light would have done the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.